17

The great hall around dinner time was a complete free for all, children left and right grabbing food like they'd been starved for months. Sirius however didn't have an appetite for food, he was watching closely as his brother and addy laughed together. He rolled his eyes but there was something about it all that made his blood boil. Sirius was too proud to admit he'd made a mistake in pushing her away, he had tried of course to get her back on side but he had pushed to hard and completely lost her. She was of the opinion that they couldn't go on hiding in the darkness and that if he wanted her it was to be in the light and where others could see. He couldn't risk it and they both knew that.
"Pads? What do you think?" James asked and he looked around at the others waiting for a response.
"Hmm? Oh yeah. I'll be back." He got up walking over to the slytherin table with that usual strut he was almost famous for in the school. "Addy?" She looked up from her food tilting her head a little.
"Yes Sirius." She said in a bored voice before looking back down.
"Walk with me?" He smiled a little and she push her food around her plate before picking up a fork full.
"No." She said simply eating her food and Sirius stood with a look of surprise.
"Addy... come on."
"My name is Adeline, my friends call me addy. We aren't friends." Regulus was now awkwardly picking at his food refusing to look up. She stared him down defiantly and he chuckled nervously.
"I know I hurt your feelings but come on. You-"
"Piss off sirius." She said bluntly and he huffed out shaking his head.
"Fine. Don't come crying to me next time you need a fuck."  This was as angry as she'd seen him with her even when they were children, she couldn't deny it felt awful seeing him upset with her in this way.
"Don't worry, I'll get my fill elsewhere." She spoke with a smile waiting for his next reply but he walked away defeated back to his table where the boys had been watching in a state of confusion.
"What was that about?"
"Nothing, just needed something from regulus and she had to pipe up." He brushed of showing a smile that he was okay but James knew, he saw straight through it all.
"Sirius..."
"I said it's nothing."