3

Soon Sirius and addy began their schooling at hogwarts, she was there when he was sorted into griffindor. She saw the fear in his eyes when it happened.
"God my mother would kill me if I got anything other than slytherin, I think you're a ravenclaw though addy, I mean your smart, witty and you always have a plan!"
"You never know Sirius, I could be a slytherin." He laughed and her smile dropped a little.
"Sorry addy but I'm sure you have to be a pure blood to be in that god awful house, if I wasn't a pure blood I think I'd want to be in griffindor you know?"
"Really?"
He jinxed it, he fucking jinxed it. They bought thought almost at the same time, he stumbled to the table finding the boys from the train earlier, he looked as white as a ghost. She approached the stall sitting down and the hat paused for a moment.
"Hmm... intelligent little thing.... But something else is lurking.... There it is.... Slytherin!" Sirius looked at her like he might faint at the thought, her a slytherin. Not addy, not his addy. In the words of his mother she simply didn't have the pedigree for it, then he remembered those jokes his father made about her being a pure blood love child. He decided there and then he would find out how the hell she came to be in the first place.

That night Sirius cried himself to sleep in pure fear for the next day, and his fears were fulfilled when a letter landed in his lap the next day:

Dear Sirius,
I am outraged and simply hurt. After everything we have given you, you betray us like this.
Even the orphan saw sense not to turn her back on our ways.
I know not of what wrong I have done to allow you to dishonour us time and time again but this will not go unpunished.
You will do well to remind yourself of our values and keep your head down from here on out.
We will have a conversation when you return home for Christmas.
From, mother.

If that didn't put the fear of god into the boy he didn't know what else would. He saw addy walking down the halls on his way to lesson and called out her name, she turned pausing for a moment and smiled.
"Sirius! Isn't it just amazing here!" He frowned for a moment before brushing her comments away and pulling her into a stairway for a moment.
"How did you do it?"
"Do what?" She asked obviously confused by his haste.
"Addy have I not been good to you all these years?"
"Yes Sirius of course, I'm afraid I don't understand. What are you talking about."
"The sorting hat!" He shouted through a whisper making sure to keep an eye out for anyone coming their way. "How did you trick it?" She looked at him as if he's suggested running away to mars and scoffed slightly hugging her books tighter.
"I didn't Sirius, it just told me where to go."
"Oh come off it addy! You expect me to believe you have the pedigree for slytherin? Your just a-" he paused in his anger realising he was shooting off at the mouth and was about to upset his first and only real friend in life.
"A what Sirius? Go on say it." She frowned in anger that he of all people would say such a thing.
"I'm sorry, it came out wrong addy believe me!" She sighed looking at her watch.
"I'm afraid I'm going to be late, we can speak later okay?"
"No addy wait!" But it was too late the girl had already disappeared into the hoards of students anxious to get to their first class.