9

Her wand was placed against the other girls neck in pure rage. "Touch me again! I beg of you!"
"Addy!" She paused her movements seeing the tears run down the girls face. "Come now addy, regulus take her." He pulled her away handing her to his younger brother following the two outside as their friends looked on.
"Who is she?" Lily asked. Peter pulled her away from the crowd.
"They call her Adeline gray. She was a ward of the black house years ago. Rumour is that regulus had a crush on her and she was sent away after his mother found her and Sirus in a compromising position, he never talks about her. Rumour is she's not all there."

"Addy you can't do these things."
"She hit me." Sirus huffed kneeling infront of the younger girl, she was his age a small thing with this white blonde hair. When she lived with them his father had been convinced she was a Malfoy perhaps a love child of a drunken night. "she spoke of you two and the rumours." Regulus looked to his brother for any sign of anger but he failed to see it.
"Let them talk, we know the truth now this must stop I cannot be seen to help you. If we are caught together-"
"Brother, enough. You upset her." She looked at Sirus with tears in her eyes.
"I've had enough of hiding for you Sirus. I'm better off alone and that's what i intend to be." She stormed away people moving away from her as she walked the brothers looked to each other.
"It's always her taking the brunt of your secrets."
"What am I meant to do reg? I can't be seen to be weak. I'm the heir to the family." Regulus shook his head walking away to find the girl. Finding himself unsuccessful he returned to the common room hoping to see her in a better state the next day.

"I thought I may find you here." She was sat on the floor of the room of requirement rolling a crystal ball back and forth. She paid no mind until his foot stopped the ball.
"What do you want Sirus?" He knelt down looking at her tired eyes. She had been crying.
"You, always you." She rolled her eyes.
"Not in public? Not in the sight of anyone. Sirus-"
"Adeline. I am completely bewitched by you I always have been you know this." He placed a hand on her cheek.
"No one else knows. And that-"
"You need to stay away from me and regulus. When the house of black falls I don't want you anywhere near it. I couldn't bare the thought of you getting hurt by my family." She looked at him with defeat and placed a hand on his cheek.
"I cannot imagine a life without you Sirus. You know my feelings." He pulled her hand away.
"Do you think my mother would allow it? A black and a..."
"Say it." She pulled away from him.
"Orphan." She smiled a little knowing that was not the word he was going to use.
"When will you begin to live for yourself and not her?"
"When I am no longer a black!" She stepped away slightly. "Addy... my family-"
"What Sirus? You take beating after beating for what? The heir to a dynasty of blood and darkness? The dark lord would kill you in a heartbeat if-"
"He would kill you first! You know this addy and this is why I can't have you close. I do not want harm to come to you. I will not allow it!" His gaze softened and he held out a hand. "I love you too much for that. Which is exactly why I cannot let myself."
"So you will leave me?"
"Addy if the dark lord learn of our indiscretion he will take you, if my mother found out, you would be dead and how could I go on know that I couldn't protect you from her." She was about to Awnser when he huffed. "Goodnight Addy make it back okay."
"That's all I am now? An indiscretion? Careful Sirius, you sound just like them." He walked away leaving the girl in the cold halls alone. Well so they thought, in the corner hidden by shadow stood a boy. A boy who had heard everything and that soon would betray every last one of them.