10

Sirius walked to the great hall to find his friends talking with addy and laughing about something or other.
Remus lupin was was sat next to her with a smirk on his face, Remus had always been interesting with her. Sirius once overheard him telling Peter he thought she a beautiful soul, whatever that meant. He was the first to give her a hug or a endearing comment about her appearance that day.
Peter on the other hand was the first to roll his eyes and stick his head into a book or something when she was around, he couldn't stand the way his friends drooled over her and hung her every word. He was of the same opinion of regulus that she was only out for herself and was playing them all like a fiddle.
And then there was James potter, although he had assured Sirius he wouldn't go near her knowing full well that his best friend had feelings for her he couldn't help but smile and the way his eyes were drawn to her. Not a day went by that James wouldn't greet her with "good morning hot stuff." She would laugh as always and brush him off telling him to go and pester lily.
Sirius couldn't deny the power she held over him and his friends alike, it had never bothered him before. However, now he was pushing her away to save her having to watch the way they fawned over her was unsettling. Surely she wouldn't be that petty? Who knew after all she was raised by the blacks.
Sirius walked over taking a seat next to James, he kept a straight face as she giggled at Remus touching his forearm.
"What's so funny?" He asked looking at Remus who was too busy laughing.
"Oh Remus just-"
"I wasn't talking to you Adeline." Sirius looked at her for the first time and the way her face dropped hurt his heart. "Why don't you go and bother Evan or barty?" She got up slamming her bag over her shoulder.
"Wait don't go." Remus said grabbing her arm but she shrugged him off.
"You're absolutely disgusting you know that black!" She said angrily walking out of the hall quickly.
"What the fuck was that about?" James looked over and Sirius shrugged.
"Grown sick of her whining." Sirius said popping a grape in his mouth. He couldn't tell them the truth could he? He had to protect everyone from the truth about what was going on. Sirius black has made his bed, and he'd be damned if he let anyone else lie in it.