6

"Now you children behave. Adeline, working on your needle point please." She bowed her head being sure not to look up and make eye contact with anyone while she was being spoken to.
"Yes ma'am." The two left the house and Sirius turned to face her.
"Regulus?"
"In his room studying some poetry I believe." She smirked and without warning his lips were on hers pushing her back against the wall. She laughed as he picked her up placing her on the piano and kissing down her check. "Sirius." He moaned against her skin and chuckled to himself.
"You can't be giving up that easy come on addy."
"Sirius?" His head shot up looking over his shoulder at his brother stood in the doorway. "What in Merlin's name are you doing!" Regulus shouted, Sirius let go of her stepping away and she straightened her dress suddenly aware of the fact they'd been caught.
"Regulus... listen to me..." Sirius stepped forward sending worry through the younger boy.
"This whole time? Does mother know?"
"No and regulus you can't tell a soul." Regulus shook his head trying to make sense of it all.
"What are you thinking! You're the heir! You can't be seen with her!"
"Regulus I love her. And she loves me, we're going to run away. A week from now, come with us. We can all be whatever we want to be, no more pretending for their cause." Regulus backed up slightly almost shaking in his disgust.
"Merlin! She's really done a number on you! She doesn't love you Sirius! She's a whore who's only out for herself!" Sirius flew across the room pinning regulus to the wall with his wand drawn, addy was by his side trying to draw him away.
"Sirius stop!"
"Go on Sirius do it, you're not of age yet you'll be in more trouble for using magic." She placed a hand on Sirius' wrist and eased him away from regulus.
"Leave him be Sirius." Regulus was panting against the wall chuckling at his brothers foolishness.
"You'll betray us all for what an orphan? Come on Sirius you're smarter than that." Sirius backed away almost ashamed of his actions in the name of love, regulus stood up straight leaning his head back against the wall his eyes still on them.
"Please regulus, I beg you now. Say nothing of what you saw here today." He pushed himself upright with his elbows taking a cigarette and lighting it.
"Fine, but I'm not marrying her, I refuse to marry my brothers whore. You may be content in living a lie Sirius but I'm not." He left the room and she sat down in complete shock at what had just taken place.
"We're doomed aren't we?" Sirius looked over at her from where he leant against the piano.
"Regulus won't tell, he won't risk my mother's wrath. He will do as he is told and marry whoever they choose for him." She looked up with tears in her eyes and shook her head.
"It's no use Sirius, we aren't meant to be. You know it as well as I. We're prolonging the inevitable." He walked over kneeling infront of her and taking her hands in his.
"We don't know that addy, we can't." She pulled her hands away standing and walking towards the door in an attempt to put some distance between the two.
"The moment I have an offer I'll accept it, we can carry on until that day but the moment it's done we need to stop this Sirius. You know it as do I." And with that she left him alone in the room with his tears falling.