chapter thirty-eight

emma

[january, 7, 2024]

these past two days have been rough,  i'm trying my best to prove i'm okay but really i'm not.  i haven't told anyone about what happened other than jack which is not what i expected at all,  but jack has been really acting different these past days.  always checking on me, spending time with me and he basicaly kicked maddie out which was kinda hilarious.  even though i don't feel like myself i still want to enjoy this trip, jacks brothers arrived a couple days ago and i love them especaily luke.  he is the funniest person i think i've ever met,  we get along so well even though we just met.  i've been spending a lot of time with him since they arrived, tanning,  swimming we just clicked.   

i laid in the sun tanning by the pool when water splashed all over me,  i screeched and luke laughed.  "i hate you!" i joke, he continues laughing and takes a seat beside me.  "guess what? we're having a boat day and you're coming." he says,  i roll my eyes at him.  "how about we stay here and just tan!" i say but luke shakes his head.  "emma bryant look at yourself,  you're tan enough come on." luke jokes, i groan and rub my eyes.  "okay fine but there is no chance i'm wakeboarding." i tell him he cheers like a child,  luke is very much like a child.   jack told me all about him before and how the amount of energy this boy has is insane and now i couldn't agree more.  "have you and jack made up yet?" he asks me, i shake my head no. "i don't know luke, seeing him act like the old jack again makes me- i don't know." i tell him, he nods his head taking in everything i said.  "do you miss him?" he asks me, i pause for a second and take a deep breath.  "more than anything." i say, luke looks at me and smiles.  "jack will always love you emma." luke tells me.  

-

i didn't really wanna have a boat day today but the boys all decided it would be the perfect time.  all the youge  girls went home yesterday which was sad,  i hardly got to hang out with them because of everything.  so it was just meadow, nico, me, jack, trevor, cole, luke and quinn which to be honest the house was crowded with everyone so its much better now.  

"hurry up you two!" i heard luke yell aat me and meadow from downstairs.  "were coming one sec!" i yell back,  i take one last glance at myself in the mirror.  i picked out a hot pink bikini with a cute white cover up.  i leave my hair down imbracing my natural curls, i grab my beach bag and sunglasses and meadow and i walk out my bedroom door.  we walk downstairs quickly, we walk through the living room and out the back sliding doors. "well finally!" quinn yells from the boat.  "shut up quinton!" i yell back at him, the rest of the boys laugh including jack.  meadow and i mke our way to the wooden dock that lead us to the boat with all the boys on it.  "you gonna give me a hand rowdy?" i ask jack who was sitting on the bow of the boat,  he got up from his seat and walked towards the ladder.  "m'lady." jack says with a smirk, reaching for my hand.  i roll my eyes at him and he helps me onto the boat.  i take a seat beside luke who whispers into my ear about jack,  i slap his shoulder and he whines like a baby.  meadow sits down beside nico,  jack walks up to the drivers seat and looks back at everyone.  "ready?" he asks everyone,  we all cheer yes and jack starts up the engine.  

i always loved the feeling of being on a boat,  the wind brushing against my face and the splashes of water that hit you.  it was like i was a kid again,  back on our family boat.  i spent every single summer at the boat,  riding the jetski, tubing,  it was my childhood.  then my dad decided to sell the boat once everleigh was born, he bought a place in greece and thats where we spent the rest of our summers.  i loved remembering my childhood, pushing dawson of the tube and every memory is filled with laughter.  jack drove us into some bay that wasn't very busy  so the boys could wakeboard and we could swim after.  meadow already made it very clear she was not swimming in the middle of the ocean but i was always a water baby.