chapter two

illicit affairs - taylor swift

                                        "dont call me kid,  dont call me baby,

                               look at this godforsaken mess that you made me"

                          ____________________________________________

SEPTEMBER 10, 2023

emma

_________

𝓐fter my shift is over meadow and i walk back to my place.   i'm still not sure how nico is going to get us tickets but he insures us that no matter what we will go to the game.   meadow has the biggest crush on nico and to be honest I don't blame her,   but jack is my type.   although he didn't even make an effort to talk to me there's something about him that intrigues me,  but come on its jack hughes,  no way he will like me.   we get ready for the game,   i realize that I don't own anything devils related.   meadow has nico's jersey because she's had a thing for him since he got drafted.   both of our families love hockey but my family love the torono maple leafs  and hers love the devils.   "meads,  i don't have a jersey for tonight."   she comes out of the bathroom and grabs her phone.  "i can ask nico if you can borrow one of his,   or you know jack."   I give her the look and roll my eyes.   "thank you!  i'll take nico's." i roll my eyes at her and she smirks,  she could tell i found jack attractice.   i walk back over towards my draws and lay out my outfit,   a black SKIMS shirt with grey TNA joggers.    The game starts at 7:30 but Nico said to arrive an hour before so we can talk a bit before the game.   I can tell that he has a thing for meadow by the way he looked at her,  they would be perfect for each other.   

the drive to the arena was not that bad,  all I needed was some tay-tay and my day was even better.   we screamed our hearts out to illicit affairs,  I think we both needed to hear that song.   "don't call me kid,  don't call me baby look at this godforsaken mess that you made me."  I sang,  it should be illigal to relate this much to a song but here I am!  "em,  I know lucas hurt you but I really think it's time you put yourself out there again."  I understand what she meant but then again if I was to get my heart broken again I don't know how i'd ever be okay.   "I know but what if I get hurt again,  then how do I continue."   I grab my head and drag my hands down my face and groan.   "you will find your person,  I knew from the start that Lucas wasn't good for you.   But there's something about jack that is giving me that feeling."   meadow says.  That couldn't be true because jack seems like a total ass.  

nico told us to text him when we got there and he would meet us.  meadow sent him a quick text and tried calling him but got no response.   "meads I can go inside and try and find him if you'd like,   I need the jersey anyway."  meadow agreed and I left the car looking for some sort of back door that Nico talked about.   Around the corner I see a black door with a bodyguard standing to the left of it.   "hello!  my friend and I were told we would be allowed in early to see some of our friends who play on the team!  I know it sounds false but nico hischier was supposed to meet us outside but he never showed."  the man stood there with an intense look on his face before answering.   "how am I supposed to believe you young lady,   do you have tickets?"  I started to panic because nico was supposed to be here with all this information and he's not.   "well not really-"  I try and respond but he cut me off.  "then you can't enter the arena."   The man says,  moving in front of the door to block me from entering.   suddenly someone appears and puts their arm over his shoulder,  it was jack.   "calm down arnold,  she's with me."   jack lifts his arms off arnold's shoulder and grabs my hand,  leaving me in complete shock.   jack opens the door and we walk into the arena.   "thanks."  I say letting go of his hand.   "no problem.  did you come alone?"   I shake my head and explain what happened.  "I was supposed to borrow a jersey from nico but-"  before I could finish my sentence, nico and meadow approached us.  "emma!  I'm sorry I completely lost track of time,  I got the jersey though!"  says nico, handing me the jersey.   I glanced at jack and for some reason he looked pissed,  he stared at the jersey , rolled his eyes and walked away.   

I go into the bathroom and changed into the jersey,   it had "hischier"  on the back with number 13 below it.    for some reason I wished it said "hughes"  and 86,  what is happening to me?

ahhhhhh!   i loved this chapter and how jack stepped in oh my!   Next chapter will be jacks perpective which will be funnnn!  I hope to have it up soon!   ilysm muah xoxoxo