chapter thirty-three

jack

[december 19, 2023]

🐚✩°。⋆

i've never regretted something more in my life then cheating on emma,  the moment i saw maddie talking to her i knew what happened.   i don't even know what i was thinking cheating on her,  shes the most perfect girl.   i told her i loved her,  after keeping it in for months i finally said it.  she didn't care,  she walked right out that door leaving me for good this time.   we've fought before,  but this felt different like i lost her for good this time.  

the moment i got in my car and started driving back to my place,  i broke down.  i screamed at the top of my lungs but the the anger turned into sadness and i began to cry.  i wish i could go back in time and change it but i can't.  driving home was hell,  i put on music to try and take my mind off the fact that i just lost the love of my life.   everything reminded me of her,  driving down the roads we once drove together,  listening to the playlist she made me.   i hate the fact the i'm causing her pain,  the fact i cheated on her and the fact she doesn't believe i love her...

i couldn't even play hockey anymore,  my head wasn't in the game and i started playing like a goon.  taking penalties constantly,  i ended up getting suspended which honestly i don't mind.  i was the reason my team was losing and its better i don't play.  

jack

[december 25, 2023]

its christmas time,  i should be happy but i'm not.  i flew back to michigan to spend time with my family,  i thought they would distract me from emma but they didn't.  my brothers expected me to bring her with me,  so the moment i walked through the door without her they were shocked.  "awh damn it he didn't bring that mystery girl." luke said,  i gulped not expecting them to bring her up because they haven't met yet.  "yeah we wanted to meet her rowdy." quinn adds,  i drop my bags on the ground.  "we- we broke up." i manage to get the words out,  my mom looks at me with sympathy.  "jack sweetie come here."  my mom said,  i walk over to her and she wraps her arms around my neck.  "what happend?" she asks me,  i don't let go of her and ilet her hold me in her arms.  "i-i cheated on her,  with maddie.." i whisper,  she lets out a bit of a gasp.  "do you regret it?" she asks,  i nod my head.  "i love her mom." i say, she pulls away and looks in my eyes.  "i know hun." she tucks a strand of hair behind my ears and smiles.  "how about we watch a movie?  home alone maybe."  my dad asks,  luke jumps up and down like a child. "yes! i love home alone." luke says,  quinn puts his arms around both of our shoulders and we walk into the living room.  

everything about christmas this year felt different, i wasn't happy but the more time i spent with the comfort of my family,  the more i felt a little bit better.  of course i wished that i was here with emma,  introducing her to my family and spending the holidays with her.  but now i lost her,  forever.  i just truly wish i could go back in time and not hookup with maddie,  it made me realize more how much i love emma.  

____________________________

emma

[december 27, 2023]

🐚✩°。⋆

chirstmas wasn't the same,  one my family was here in new york and i usually travel to canada to see them so that was different.  another is the fact that jack wasn't here,  i wanted to be with him,  visit his family but that will never happen now.  i saw on his instagram pictures of him with his family,  he looked happy which made me feel like our breakup meant nothing to him.  it was ruining my christams but somehow he can manage to have a good time.  a part of me wanted him to be happy but another hated him for getting over me so quick while i'm in my room crying.  

i laid on my bed watching vampire diaries when i heard a knock at my door,  i pause the show.  "come in!" i yell,  the door opens and meadow walks in.  "guess what!" she says,  i lean up.  "what?" she pulls out five plane tickets and waves them in the air.  "we're going to greece!  with isabella, bella and gigi." she says with a smile,  i jump out of bed and screech.  "oh my gosh, i love you so much meads!"  i say to meadow,  i run up to her and give her a massive hug.  "i know babes,  we leave at midnight." my jaw drops once she finishes,  i didn't pack and i hate short notice. "but i haven't packed-"  i try to say but meadow cuts me off.  "don't worry,  i packed for you everything is handled." i take a relieving breath.  "okay thank you so much meads." i give her one last hug before running into the bathroom to pack any last minute things meadow forgot,  like makeup,  skincare and my straightener.  

i really was excited to go on vacation,  my family left right after christmas day to head back to canada so it got boring by myself.  i spent the day relaxing or packing more stuff,  we mainly just watched tv all day until 9:00pm when we had to leave for the airport.  i always love traveling at night but it worked out perfectly because greece is a very long plane ride,  so the time we land i could most likely see the sunrise.   

we got to the airport an hour later,  we met up with the rest of the girls and borded our flight at exactly 12:00.   i feel asleep half of the light and so did meadow,  i rested my head comfortly on her shoulder.  i woke up to the sound of a lady speaking on the speakers,  informing us that our plane will be landing shortly.  i looked out the window and saw the beautiful sunrise and the bright blue ocean,  i tapped meadows shoulder to wake her so that she could see.  "i'm so excited!  also theres one more surprise i should tell you."  meadow says,  she smirks before speaking.  "trevor,  nico and his friends are here!"  

_______________________

hey luvs!  so some of you wanted trevor again so i thought i'd add him,  this girls trip is going to be so much fun to write but it might get boring i don't know.  anyways happy reading muahh xoxoxo tae🐚✩°。⋆