chapter one

enchanted (taylors version) 

                                              "i was enchanted to meet you."

                                   ___________________________________

     [SEPTEMBER 10, 2023]

emma 

________

𝓣his morning has felt like forever,  and this early morning shift has been nothing but hell.   almost three years ago my best friend meadow and I made the incredible bold decison to move from canada to new jersey.   we rented two appartments just down the street from each other, I used to live with her until my ex-boyfriend and I decided to live with each other.   that didn't end too well so he moved out,  or I guess I kicked him out but that's not the point.   we both took a job at a nearby starbucks not too far away,  I hate driving alone unless I despertly have to so meadow drives me most places.  

this morning we took an early morning shift,  I don't enjoy them whatsoever.   I'm not much of a morning person but meadow is,  she'll be outside my apartment at 8:00 everyday ready for work.  

It was a pretty boring morning,  we had about nine customers from 8:00-2:00.   I just mainly talked to meadow or cleaned dishes.   I heard the door open and looked to see who walked in,  it was two young boys about my age dressed in suits.  meadow wrapped her arms around my neck and whispered into my ear,  "they're all yours." I looked back at her and rolled my eyes,  then the two boys approched the counter.

"what can I get for you guys today?"  I asked with a smile,   the taller one smiled back but the other one stood there silently.    "just a grande iced caramel macchiato please."  I added his order into the computer.    "perfect!  name for the order?"   I looked up into his pretty brown eyes,   these two looked awfully familiar.   "nico."  I rang his order in and moved onto the other boy, before I could ask anything he spoke first.  "a venti iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso,  with vanilla sweet cream cold foam."  I caught I glimspe of his blue eyes,  I knew him from somewhere and It was driving me insane. "alright!  name for the order."  I say with a slight smile,  although his attitude  pissed me off.   "jack."   I didn't respond,  I just rang his order in and walked away.   I see meadow smirking,   and I ignore her.   I mean they were attractive but I can't even think about dating or even liking someone right now.   

my last relationship turned out terribly,  and to be honest I'm not even sure if I'm over lucas.   all I know is that we were toxic and it would never have worked out.   he cheated on me,  the so-called "love of my life".   every guy I like gets bored of me,  I'm never good enough for anyone.   meadow was the one who helped me get through it,  without her I don't know if I would be here.   the breakup happened almost 9 months ago,   and even now there's still times I cry my heart out to meadow and no matter what she will be there for me.   I'd do anything for her,  she's my forever sister.  

I give the boys their orders,   and nico and I start talking.   "so you guys play hockey,   what team?"  I ask them,   although jack has shown no interest in talking to me.   "the new jersey devils."  my jaw drops,  these guys play in the fucking NHL.   "are you joking,   I knew I reconized you guys!"  I looked over at jack,  he was already looking.   I felt a presence behind me,  I looked behind me to see meadow standing there smiling.   "who do we have here?"  nico says smirking,  causing meadow to blush.   "I'm meadow,  your nico hischier right?"  meadow asks, nico couldn't stop blushing too.  "I am!  we actually have a game tonight that's where we're headed right now,  if you want to I'm sure I can get you guys some seats."   I can see the joy in meadow's eyes,  she's always wanted to go to a devils game.  meadow runs to nico and gives him the warmest hug,  "thank you so much nico!  oh and don't you worry I'll be in your jersey."