chapter eight

back to december (taylors version) -Taylor Swift

                 "and how you held me in your arms that september night,

                                  "the first time you ever saw me cry."

                       _______________________________________

SEPTEMBER 29, 2023

jack

𝓘 knew I fucked up big time when I saw the look on emma's face when I said, "lock the door on your way out, and please try and be quiet." and when she told me that we aren't fucking anymore, she tried her hardest to not show sadness but I could tell. I texted her right after and apologized, and when I got no response I kept trying. I sent her multiple messages but she wouldn't respond, it hit me that she would never forgive me.

I grabbed my phone to see a notification from instagram, saying that both emma and trevor had posted. I couldn't believe what I saw when I opened the app, emma was on a date with trevor.... my body began shaking with anger, I felt like i could both cry and scream at the same time.  I scrolled down to see the comments, they were fucking flirting with each other. I couldn't take it any longer, I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I didn't know where I was going, I had no clue where emma even lives but I know someone who does.

                                                                     nico's girl

me: send me emma's address.

                                                                            nico's girl: hello to you too!

me: meadow istg, send it now.

                                                         nico's girl: you saw the post didn't you...

me: i need to talk to her just please meadow

                                                      nico's girl: 132 autumn ave, appartment 7

me: ❤️

                                                                              nico's girl: behave hughesy

I put her address into google maps and started driving, I couldn't even stand to think of what they did. him fucking my girl, even though she wasn't technicley mine but still. I felt something for her, something I haven't felt before not even with maddie. emma is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, and I don't know why I feel this way espically after how I treated her. I would do anything to have a second chance, now I've lost her.

I pull into her driveway. she lives in a community, there are two story appartement buildings that are attached in twos. It looks a lot like where I live and was only a 25 minute drive. I looked around and saw no sight of trevor's car, which was a good sign. I get out of the car and walk up the stairs to her door. I double checked that it was apartment 7 before knocking on the door. I hear footsteps and the door opens, she had her hair in a messy bun, black night glasses and pink victoria's secret pjs. "jack? what are you-" I walk through the door and take a quick glance to make sure Trevor isn't hiding. "jack, what's wrong-" I cut her off. " trevor!" I scream, startling her causing her to flinch. "I'm sorry. I don't recall that we were dating, don't forget you were the one who told me to lock the door on my way out after having sex with me!" emma yells back, a single tear drop falls from her eye. "I'm sorry for yelling but it's just-" I dragged my hands down my face, I didn't want to tell her the truth of why I was actually a dick. "jack I know what happened with your ex, and I'm sorry because I went through the same thing. but you can't hurt others because you're hurting jack.." my heart sank when she said that, it was the honest truth and it hurt knowing I hurt her. "I can't help it, no matter how hard I try I keep pushing people out of my life who I need in it." a tear falls from my eye and emma notices, I didn't want to cry in front of her.

I hated crying,  and the fact that I was crying in front of a girl was just embarrssing.   she walks over to me and grabs my face. she wipes my tears with her thumb.  I tried turning away to not face her but she grabbed my face once more to face her.  "look at me,  it's okay."   emma says, I look into her brown eyes.  "I'm sorry for crying but I don't know what's wrong with me,  I shouldn't I-I feel something-" I couldn't continue because emma cut me off,  she wipes my tears the countinued to fall down my face.  "don't apologize and nothing is wrong with you,  okay?" she says with a warm smile. I've never cried in front of a girl before. I couldn't help it, i wanted her, all to myself. "I don't know why I'm such a dick,  you the most perfect girl." I say,  emma kisses my temple softly. "I manage to fuck up every good thing that happens in my life." I say causing emma to shake her head in disagreement.  "don't say that,  I should've talked to you about everything and heard you out." emma says,  she wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap mine around her waist.   

as she held me in her arms I felt safe,  feeling her warmth around my body felt soothing.  her comfort was all I needed in that moment.  "do you want to stay over? I could make tea!" emma whispers into my neck, making me laugh. "of course I do bryant."

//AAAAAA! OMG I LOVED THIS CHAPTER! EVEN THOUGH IT MADE ME SAD WRITING SOME OF IT! THERE CHEMISTRY IS SO GOOD OMGG! ilysm happy reading muah!