chapter seventeen

emma

[OCTOBER 17, 2023]

eeadow and I left the cafe soon after the boys,  our shift ended around the time they arrived.   I couldn't wait to watch jack play again,  it's been almost two months since we first met.    the drive home meadow could stop talking about 'the way jack looked at me'.   

"he couldn't stop smiling at you." meadow says looking over at me,  I shake my head and roll my eyes.  "I'm surprised you even saw with nico grinding you against the wall."  I respond,  causing meadow's mouth to drop.  "emma adaline bryant!" she exclaims,  I burst out laughing at her reaction.   "enough about that.   what did you and trevor talk about?" meadow says.  I knew from the start that it was just a flirty friendship with trevor,  and that the way I feel about jack is different.   "I told him that what we have is a friendship,  and that I'm with jack."  I say although I'm not exactly sure what me and jack really are.  all I know is that we both like each other,  but the two of us have major trust issues and letting someone in is really hard.  "I think that you finally found your person."  meadow says with a bright smile.   "jack isn't like other guys I've dated.  I don't know how to explain it but-" before I could finish meadow cut me off,  she looks into my eyes with an even brighter smile.  "omg!  You love him don't you." 

I couldn't love him, not yet.

"I don't know,  maybe.  but it's scary sometimes you know." meadow nods her head in agreement,  I trust this girl with my life and I'il know she'll always say what I need to hear.  "I know babes,  lucas is not the same as jack and you know that too." what she said was true,  lucas didn't care at all about my feelings.  after sex he wouldn't even cuddle me,  he cared only about himself and his job.   I want jack to know I'm ready,  and that I want a relationship with him but I'm not sure that's what he wants.     

meadow had to quickly stop by her apartment to grab her jersey before coming back to my place,  good thing we only live down the street from each other.   

we arrived at my apartment at around 4:00,  which gives us just the right amount of time to pick an outfit,  get ready and drive there.   nico texted meadow and told her that we should arrive at 5:30 if we want to see each other before and the drive to the arena is only 45 minutes.   

I decided to wear black leggings and a sweater,  I was changing into jack's jersey once I got there so the top didn't really matter.   meadow was already wearing black leggings so she didn't need to change.   the two of us went into my bathroom and started getting ready,  I quickly did my skin care then moved onto makeup.   I decided to do 'clean girl' makeup which isn't far from what I usually do,  I still didn't know what to do with my hair but I probally will just straighten it.  

as meadow finished getting ready I went into the kitchen and made us some soup,  I made my moms secret recipe which is delicous.   I remembered that I haven't called my family in forever,  I've been so busy with work and jack. 

I place the soup on the island counter and take a seat,  I pull out my phone and facetime my mom.  It rings for a bit,  untill i see all my siblings standing behind me mom with bright smiles.  "emmy!" my little sister blake screeches with excitment.  "we miss you so much,  come home for a visit soon, my love." my mom says,  my heart felt warmth with the love of my family, I miss them.  

I hear the bathroom door open and Meadow walks out,  she sees me on facetime and runs over to me.   "meads is here too!" I say,  meadow stands behind me with her arms wrapped around my neck.  my family loves meadow and missed her just the same as me,  so they were beyond excited to see her too,  especally my sister everleigh.  "meadow!  I miss you." everleigh says with a bright smile on her face,  meadow blows her kisses.  "where are you two going tonight?"  my brother dawson asks us.  "just a hockey game." I respond,  I can see dawson's smirk through the phone.  but before dawson could speak my mom covers his mouth with her hand,  this call made me miss them even more now.  "well have a fun night girls,  I love you both." we all say goodbye and I hang up the phone.  

  on the way to the arena I sent jack a message telling him we were on our way.

                                                                            rowdy🐄

                                                                                                           me: on our way now.

rowdy🐄: okay ill be outside waiting.

rowdy🐄:  arnold wont give u shit again dw 

                                                                               me:  okok good see you soonnn

_________________________________________________________

ahhh!  i've decided to stop working on this book... for now!  i started a brand new book called 'invisible string' and i'm in love!  i think my writing has imrpoved so much better since when i first started writing this!  i hope you guys understand but this book just doesnt make sense in my opinion!!1