chapter three

meddle about -chase atlantic

                                "we only met each other just the other day,  

                                    you already got me feeling some type of way."

                 _______________________________________________

SEPTEMBER 10, 2023

jack

𝓔ver since I met emma this morning I couldn't stop thinking about her,  and it scared me.   relationships terrified me because I know I'll end up heart broken again.  about a year ago my girlfriend maddie cheated on me with some guy named brad,  she broke my heart into a million pieces.   It's not like I haven't  hooked up with girls since the breakup but I don't ever talk to them after,  I completely ditch them.   If I let myself love again I know for a fact that it will wreck me even worse,  that's why I need to stop thinking of emma or I'll get hurt again.  I saw her outside trying to get in the back door,  arnold was giving her shit about coming in early and I knew I had to step in.  

the moment nico handed her his jersey I couldn't help myself,  I was pissed.   she went into the bathroom to change into his stupid jersey.   I walked back to the dressing room to get ready for tonight's big game.   tonight's game was against the florida panthers,  they aren't that bad so I knew it would be a fun game for emma and meadow to watch.   all nico has been talking about was meadow,   she is his exact type.   bright blonde hair and ocean blue eyes,  I'm sure it would make him happier knowing she's in his jersey.   before the game starts, coach gives us a pep talk before we enter the ice.   I'm not exactly sure where the girls are sitting but I'm assuming if nico was involved then they should be front row.  

when we enter the ice surface we start the usual warm up,  I could tell this game felt different.  I look around the arena,  trying to look for emma.   I spotted her,  just like I said with meadow beside her in front row right behind the penalty box.   I skate past them,  her chestnut brown eyes lock with mine.   I could see meadow whispering something into her ear causing emma to slap her shoulder.   panthers were up by 2,  matthew tkachuk has been going at me the entire second period and I couldn't stand it anymore.  just as the puck drops I cross check him straight to the back,  causing him to crash to the ground.   he gets up fast and starts throwing punches same with me,  right before anything more could happen the refs pulls my jersey seperating us.  out of the corner of my eye I see emma,  she has her hands covering her mouth with a worried look on her face.   I couldn't tell if she was angry or scared,  shes pretty hard to read.  "number 86,   five minute major for fighting."  the ref says skating me towards the box.  I open the door and slam my stick against the boards,  causing it to break.   I looked up to see emma shaking her head,  she looked pissed.   i regreted fighting instantly,  i thought that maybe emma would find it attracive honestly i don't even know.

we ended up winning 3-2,  it was a tough game but we managed to pull through.  nico asked me if I wanted to go to this bar with emma and meadow,  I had nothing else planned tonight so why not just go.   "I texted meadow to meet us at the back door they should be here soon."  nico says,  as we walk towards the back door.  about five minutes later they showed up,  emma was still wearing his jersey and I couldn't take it any longer.    as we walked to the cars I couldn't help but stare at emma,  especially when she walked in front of me.    meadow caught me staring and chuckled,  she whispered something into emma's ear cusing her to look behind.   she just smiled and shook her head making me smirk.   this night may take a totally different turn.

///hey bbyss!!  so next chapter may take longer to write because you'll seee,  but i'm going to try super hard to get it done fast!   how do we like jack so farrrr,   i honestly dont know how you guys will feel but trust me he will become much better later on in the storyy! anyways ilysm happy reading!! xoxox