chapter fifteen

enchanted (taylors version) - taylor swift

                                             "i was enchanted to meet you."

SEPTEMBER 30, 2023

emma

we arrived at my apartment at about 8:00 pm,  the sky was completely dark and the moon was extra bright.   I went to open my door when nico spoke up,  "you're not going to walk her to the door rowdy?"  making meadow chuckle from the front seat.  jack opens the door and steps out of the car,  he walks over to my side and opens the door.   I smile up at him and step out of the car.   we walked up to my apartment,  climbing up the tall stairs.  we reached the large black door,    I turned to look at jack.  "thank you jack,  you better text me or I will come find you." I joke,  jack chuckles and looks into my eyes.  "I'm not good at all this stuff,  i'll try though.  but if I hurt you-"  I cut him off,  I didn't want to think about any of that.  I dragged my thumb down his lips and I tilted his chin up.  I leaned down and pressed his soft lips to mine,  he steps away and smirked.  "goodnight Bryant." he said as he walked back down the stairs to nico's car.   meadow and nico are staring at us and laughing.

                                                       OCTOBER 17,  2023

emma

I still don't know what me and jack are,  I know that he has feelings for me but he's parionoid that he's going to end up hurting me.  I want to call him mine,  I'm falling for him hard maybe even too hard.  these past two weeks me and jack have been spending a lot of time together,  he comes over after practice or a game to watch gilmore girls.  some nights he'll stay over but we haven't been fucking. I woke up to the sound of banging at my door,  I groan as I got out of bed and walked over to my front door.  I looked in the peep hole and saw meadow,  I completely forgot I had an early morning shift today and I needed to be up early.  It started at 9:00 and meadow was supposed to be picking me up at 8:30.  I opened the door and meadow dragged her hands down her face in annoyance.  "you forgot to set an alarm didn't you." meadow says,  walking into my appartment.  she walked towards my clothing drawer and picked out clothing for me to wear,  it was light-grey joggers, a black long-sleeve swiftly tech and white nike socks.   she tossed them at me and pointed to the bathroom.  "you have two minutes missy,  or no way we will get there on time." meadow said,  I walked into the bathroom and changed.   meadow is the biggest control freak and has a very strict schedule,  she hates being late to things especally work.   I quickly threw my hair into a messy bun,  I didn't have time for makeup not even skincare.  I left the bathroom,  I put on my brown birkenstocks and grabbed my purse.   

on the way to work we listened to our go to playlist,  it consisted mainly of taylor swift but there's nothing wrong with that.   the first song to come on was 'enchanted', meadow screeched with happiness.   "this night is flawless, don't you let it go." meadow sings.  "I'm wonder-struck dancing 'round all alone." I add.  "And I'll spend forever wondering if you knew."  she takes one hand of the stering wheel to point at me.  "I was enchanted to meet you." I sing,  making Meadow giggle knowing I'm thinking of Jack.  "are you two dating?"  Meadow asks with a smirk,  I couldn't help but smile.   "I think so,  but he is honestly so hard to understand sometimes."  I respond.   "aren't they all!"  meadow says,  making me laugh.  "I mean we have been hanging out a lot these past two weeks." I say,   my phone vibrates in my pocket,  I looked to see that jack texted me.

                                                                      rowdy🐄

rowdy🐄:  hey,   are you working today?

rowdy🐄: nico and i are going to stop there on the way to practice.

                                                                                             me:  yes,  on our way rn

                                                            me:  warning meadow is pissed at me....

rowdy🐄:  uh oh what did you do.

                                        me: i forgot to set an alarm and know shes going to

                                        be five minutes late.

rowdy🐄:  five minutes is crazy

                                                                                    me:   couldn't agree more lmao

rowdy🐄:   see you in an hour bryant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aaa!  short chapter but next will be jacks perspective!  hint hint,  anoth hockey game yayyyyyy! aways happy reading muah xoxoox