reefer rick

*✿❀ ❀✿*
     Alice
*✿❀ ❀✿*

Steve drove Robin and Dustin, while Billy drove Max and I to search for Eddie. He had to be here, at Reefer Rick's. He's Eddie's drug supplier. He kinda went to prison but that makes up for a great hiding spot. I couldn't imagine how Eddie felt. Scared? Alone? I wanted to cry just thinking about it. Thinking about what he might've seen, experienced, felt. I could only imagine. And it was getting dark soon, that's even worse.

"He's not here." Robin spoke up after we tried to get into Rick's house. It was pitch black inside and everything was locked. The house used to never be locked. Dustin was being very loud and annoying too. I began to worry and slightly lose hope so I was thinking of other places he could be... Until Max spoke.
"Guys." She said. My gaze shifted to her and soon I was next to her. I saw her view of the boat house right beside the lake. Perfect spot. I smiled and ran to it, everyone trying to catch my pace.
"Alice." Billy yelled from behind. He hadn't said anything for a while so I was surprised but I continued to ignore him. Still... It felt like he wasn't here half the time but I knew it, deep down... Whether I wanted to or not. I went into the dark boat house and searched for anything. Billy stayed still in the doorframe and leaned on the edge of it. I knew he didn't want to be here, nor cared enough. Steve began to beat an oar in the boat, which was covered by a tarp. I found this shit irritating, just as much as Dustin.
"What are you doing?" Dustin asked him twice.
"Seriously Steve." I said agitated.
"He might be in here." Steve stated.
"So just take the tarp off." Dustin replied.
"You're so brave you take the tarp off." Steve told him. I left this dumb battle and went to see what the girls were looking at. It was beer cans and cigarettes, definitely Eddie's signature.
"He was definitely here." I said.
"Maybe he heard us, got spooked and ran?" Robin guessed. I walked to the other side of the boat to find more clues. Steve, from the other side, continued to banter on before something popped out of the end of the boat. Everyone went crazy... It was Eddie, he shoved a broken beer can close to Steve's throat as he shoved him into the closest wall.
"Eddie!" We all shouted. I fastly jumped in and over the boat to get behind him. Everyone was on the right side of him as I was on the left. I felt like this gave me an advantage.
"Eddie stop! Please, Ed's I'm here." I said as I was behind him. I held my hands up and started to slowly move to closer so he could see me. He got startled so he jolted back a bit. Then, he finally locked eyes with me.
"Alice." He whispered and squinted his eyes at me. Fear... That's all I saw. In his dark, deep eyes, fear lingered. I felt sad for him, getting teary eyed just seeing him this way. I dropped my hands when I knew he wouldnt do anything to Steve. He slowly let the bottle fall from Steve's neck, his eye contact never leaving mine. Then, he rushed into my arms. We held onto a long hug, we softly cried as we tightly held each other.
"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry I... I left you there.. With her.. You were alone, you saw... you had to see her." He stuttered out as he pulled out of our hug and talked to me. I shook my head and let the tears fall.
"It's okay Eddie. Don't worry about me." I told him and hugged him again. I helped wipe some of his tears as I did mine. I could tell Eddie relaxed a bit more, now that I was here.
"Eddie... Can you tell us what happened?" Dustin gently spoke up. Eddie turned around and saw everyone around him. He sat down on the ground to collect himself, while holding his knees into his chest.
"You remember everyone. You know Steve, Robin from band and Max...?" Dustin said and Eddie slightly nodded. Dustin knew he would remember Max, she's my friend.
"Okay, good. You can trust us." Dustin added on.
"You won't believe me." Eddie responded. His voice sounded broken. He'd be fucking surprised...
"We know more than you think Ed's." I told him as I knelt down and sat beside him.
"Try us." Max insisted.

Eddie described all the gory details... How Chrissy's body began floating in the air after her eyes became grey. How she wouldn't respond, like she was in a trance state. Then when she arrose in the air, her bones soon began to snap, one by one. And lastly her eyes popped into her skull... These were his words. His stuttered, scared, confused words. I softly shed a few tears. Eddie was going through something no one should go through. He did it alone because I fucking fell asleep... I caught Billy gazing at me. He was probably terrified as well. His mind was most likely going back to a place he once was and never wished to be again... But I can only guess what he's thinking.
"I didn't know what to do so I uhh I ran. I just left her there." Eddie finished. His gaze was on the ground, like he was reliving it. I understand that. I put my hand on his shoulder for any possible comfort.
"You all think I'm crazy right?" Eddie asked.
"No." Dustin and I spoke up.
"Man don't bullshit me, I know how this sounds!" Eddie scarcely shouted out.
"Ed's we're not." I stated.
"We believe you." Robin spoke up.
"Look, what I'm about to tell you might be a little.... Difficult to take." Dustin brought up. Here it goes. Eddie will now know the truth about well.... EVERYTHING. And to think Robin and I were new to this just last year... 8 months ago. But everyone else, sadly had  years of experience... They've gone through it many times.

Dustin explained the hell side of Hawkins to Eddie. He left out extreme details, thankfully but told him the most important parts. I wasnt sure if Billy ever knew that much about it all either. I looked up at him a couple of times throughout Dustin's story. He seemed unsettled...that made since but he also acted like he was genuinely listenting. Eddie believed everything he heard and I was surprised. I could tell he was still absorbing the new information.
"Hey, we'll be back tomorrow... Don't worry." Dustin stood up after the story was completed. Eddie followed his actions and gazed at me. I quickly stood up and protested. Billy was halfway out the door, ready to go.
"Wait, I'm staying." I stated to the group.
"What?" Steve asked.
"I'm staying here with Eddie. There is no way I'm letting him be here alone, not after everything he's been through." I told them. Dustin nodded and understood, like he should. So did Max and even Robin. The other boys were protectors, that is...
"No way." Steve said.
"Alice." Billy spoke up.
"You both don't have a say in this. Just bring us some food tomorrow and maybe something to do, like a book or a game. Please." I said and they nodded. Max and Robin gave me a goodbye hug. I watched Billy stay annoyed. He actually started walking up to me which surprised me. He took my hand and looked into my eyes.
"Be careful." He demanded. I was just staying here to be with Eddie, not fighting crime. I gave him a small smile and let them all leave. Now it was time to comfort my best friend and maybe even explain a few things...

**✿❀ ❀✿**