neil

*✿❀ ❀✿*
                                    Billy
                              *✿❀ ❀✿*

       February

I thought I was in the clear. I really thought everything would be fine for a while... I was wrong. Apparently Neil was upset that I didn't tell him I was going to be out yesterday. I just wanted to spend time with Alice on her birthday, my bad for not telling him before hand. It was kind of a spur of the moment anyways. He had come home and seen me gone, then decided to go out drinking. So, as he got back home and I was there, he unleashed his drunk consequences on me. I was fed AND fucked up. I couldn't stop him but he got me good. My face was the only thing he messed up, luckily he didn't kick me this time.

I decided to leave. I didn't want to be 'home' anymore and as soon as Neil fell asleep I decided it was best to go. I thought about where I was going to go for awhile. I sat on my bed thinking forever. Lovers lake? Sit somewhere in my car? ... I don't know what to do but I cant... I cant be here.

Part of me felt ridiculous, like I wasn't thinking straight. I parked my car down the road from the wheelers. I didn't want Karen to know I'm here or even see me. Plus, its midnight, I don't want to wake anyone up or cause a commotion. I swiftly made my way up to the small roof in front of Alice's window. It was surprisingly easy. Of course she was wide awake. Some music lingered in the background as she was writing at her desk. She was wearing an oversized baggy T-shirt...i'm afraid she wasn't wearing anything along with it. Witnessing her singing along and gently dancing to her music was bittersweet. I knocked on her window making her jolt up. She squinted her eyes to find me and quickly went over and opened the window. She helped me get inside.

             *✿❀ ❀✿*
                   Alice
             *✿❀ ❀✿*

Billy told me everything. Billy explained his life story to me and I was shocked, to say the least. I guess this explains, well... everything about him. I felt awful. Here he was with a bruised swollen eye and cut lip. I made sure to help him. I'm glad he felt safe to come to me. I cleaned his wounds and let him stay over. I knew Neil was an asshole since the first day I met him but I never expected him to be an abuser.

Billy and I were sitting on my roof, once again. He just finished telling me everything. Now we were just peacefully sitting in silence. I oddly started to enjoy Billy's company. I don't know what it was but ever since yesterday, on my birthday, I just started missing him... Maybe I'm crazy and not thinking straight. I'm not sure about anything anymore...
"I'm sorry that I've always been so fake with him." I told Billy about Neil.
"No, don't be. That's helped me more than you know." He responded. I finally cracked.
I know I've cried a bit in front of him before but this time I let out soft sobs. Billy crashed into my arms. That immediately made me feel seen. I caressed my hands throughout his hair. I think this soothed us both.
"Thank you for opening up to me." I said, wiping my tears away while we still held each other.
"I trust you." He told me. That feeling I just got, it was as if he said I love you. That's how much it mattered.
"I trust you." I repeated back. And I thought I never trusted anyone...anyone but Eddie. But no, I proved myself wrong and I was surprised. But we were content and here for each other. We were safe, together.

We finally went back inside my room. Tiredness overwhelmed us. Billy grabbed his jacket and walked back to the window but I stopped him.
"Billy." I called out. His body turned to me.
"Stay." It sounded like a question but it was more of a request. Billy nodded his head as we exchanged sweet smiles. I moved my blanket over for both of us to lay down. Billy took his shirt off and tossed it next to his jacket. I swallowed and got into the bed. It was weird at first but I felt safe with him. Billy could not get comfortable so I decided to offer to help. I laid down fully and held my arm out.
"Here, lay on my chest." I said. He looked at me confused and hesitated. I gave him a smile to let him know it was okay. I'm not going to lie, I was so comfortable with this position. His head nuzzled under my breasts, practically holding on my torso. His body was warm and I had no where else to put my hand so I had to lay it on his arm. He seemed to be at peace with it too. I hope he felt just as safe as I do...Then, we fell asleep.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

I woke up as Billy was leaving. It must've been early morning because it was barely light out. He turned over to me after he got his clothes back on. I gave him a smile and laid back down.
"Thank you." Billy whispered and kissed my forehead. Just like that, I watched him leave through my window and I already missed his presence.

**✿❀ ❀✿**