Nov/Dec

*✿❀ ❀✿*
     Alice
*✿❀ ❀✿*

I wasn't exactly making good enough grades to be in a sport like I was a year ago. So I'm deciding to NOT try out for track this year. My grades will be enough to graduate and that's all I need. Sucks to think back on the memories though...

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Welcome to family vid... Max!" I started to say before I lifted my head to be meeted with Max.
"Hey, how's it going?" She asked me. I leaned over the counter to talk to her.
"Doing just fine, how about yourself?" I questioned.
"Could be better. Billy's annoyed because Susan insisted that we spend the day together. So I asked him to stop by here so we could grab some movies." She told me and I nodded.
"That's nice." I simply said before we heard a chime of the door. Billy slowly walked in towards us. I got off of the counter and began sorting through a bin of movies that was nearby. I couldn't acknowledge him.
"I thought you said you weren't coming inside, no matter what?" Max asked Billy. I heard Billy mutter things to her, probably mad that she said that out loud. I giggled to myself when I saw how she was getting bothered by him. They took a little while to pick out some movies. When they were done they came up to my register. I tried my best to not make eye contact with Billy but it was difficult. It's always difficult...

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Keith was being such a weirdo today. I made peace with the fact that hes just a little different. He really just bothers me. Like he literally messes with me, that's why I dont like him. He had the worst timing for his shit too. Billy came in, by himself, to return the movies him and Max rented the other day. I tried to be professional and get him in and out quickly. He probably didn't want to be there.
"So Allison, you doing anything Friday night?" Keith asked me as he popped out of the back room. Billy was literally right in front of me, just now handing me his movies. I let out a disgusted scoff and rolled my eyes.
"It's Alice. Alice is not short for Allison." Billy spoke up. I just planned on ignoring him so that was nice of Billy. I gave him a side smirk as I rung up his movies.
"Wasn't talking to you." Keith told him.
"Do you mind?" I asked as I motioned my hands. Keith scoffed and walked away.
"Thanks." I muttered. Billy nodded and left. Ugh..... Why does he have to do that. Be nice then back to nothing once again.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Nancy and Mike went to California for Thanksgiving to spend it with their lovers so I stayed here... Yay. Maybe I should've just went with them, I mean Will is super sweet. He's probably annoyed with the lovey doves anyways. Oh well. My parents went to my grandma's for the day. Now that was something I was not going to do. She really didn't care that I didn't go, surprisingly. The downside was how lonely I felt but I understand that I put that on myself. Wayne invited me to spend it with him and Eddie. I don't know what I'd do without them. They're like my second family. Wayne and I always gave Eddie hell, we'd pick on him together. Wayne was more of a father than my own dad. Sometimes I swear he doesn't exist, like he's just... Around. But yeah, I ended up having a good day.

Christmas was way better than Thanksgiving. The Byers (and El ♡) came down to spend the holiday with us. Having them around for the week was genuinely nice. The couples were attached to one another. I was sooo jealous but in a good happy way. I didn't want my moodiness to reflect on anyone.

I decided to dress up, I figured since we had a big group here and it was the holidays, why not. I wore a long sleeve green dress that made me feel really good about myself. It was simple but hella cute. Everyone opened their gifts that morning, all together. That made me feel young again which was sweet. The rest of the day was filled with laughter and fun. Christmas music was playing all day and the lingering smell of food and baked goods made me feel alive. I really enjoyed this time with everybody.

Late on Christmas Day the door bell rang. Everyone was preoccupied so I was the only one available to answer it. I was met with a smiley Max at my front door. We immediately went in for a hug, laughing at our reactions.
"Merry Christmas, I have a gift for you!" She chimed up. My gaze shifted behind Max's figure, to see Billy sitting in his car while he watched us. How sweet of him to indulge in Max's friendships.
"Merry Christmas. You did not have to!" I responded. She shook her head and handed me a small red box.
"You sure you don't want to come inside? Els here." I asked Max.
"No, no. I'll see her tomorrow before they leave. Besides, Billy probably wouldn't let me." Max clarified. "Go ahead, open it." She added on. I giggled and quickly opened it. The little red box revealed a beautiful golden necklace with a rose on it. It had to be from Billy. Of course it's possible it was from Max too, but I doubt it. A big grin was plastered on my face. I caught Billy's eyes again then shifted back to Max's. My smile never left as I hugged her.
"Thank you so much!" I cheered. "Come on, I'll walk you back." I insisted as I walked beside her back to Billy's car. He was leaning against the rolled down window, he's eyes never left us. As I turned Max around to give her another hug, I mouthed 'thank you' to Billy. He gave me a smirk which warmed my heart.

To be honest with you, despite how great Christmas was... I cried myself to sleep. I even woke up exhausted from it. I missed Billy. I wished all the events that happened last summer....didn't. I just thought, I really thought on and on... Which ended up hurting myself. I still had the best day yesterday.

**✿❀ ❀✿**