the holidays

*✿❀ ❀✿*
      Billy
*✿❀ ❀✿*

The holidays went by fast which was fine with me. I took Alice to a new years eve party but Mrs. Wheeler made me bring her back before midnight. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? Honestly I didn't mind, it just meant I didn't have to kiss some lousey drunk girl anyways. Alice became a little tipsy which actually made her more thrilling. She wasn't so annoying and agrivating. She rolled down her window and let the wind flow through her hair. She was very lively tonight, I actually enjoyed this time with her.

I didn't expect the whole Wheeler family to be hanging out in the living room this late. Karen insisted I say hello and goodbye everytime I pick up and drop off Alice. That was the plan until she made me stay. We tossed our jackets off and decided to get comfortable on the couch. Acting like a couple was still difficult. Sometimes I wanted to roll my eyes into the back of my head, that's how embarrassing it felt. But the idea of it was enough for Susan and Karen, even Neil now...I guess. My own father liking my 'girl' was so strange to me but it did make his actions better towards me. I think Alice saw that on day one and knew how to ease him. I secretly thank her for that.

Mike was making faces at Alice, I caught them many times. Must be some sibling communication or something. Nancy was on the phone forever but her mom made her come down as midnight slowly crept up.
"I can't wait to see you too kiss!" Karen cheered on. Mike made a gagging sound and Nancy whispered ew.
"Maybe I should head out?" I sort of questioned as I started to stand up.
"Dont be shy!" Karen brushed me off, making me sit back down. I immediately turn to Alice. We gave each other a concerned look. We weren't exactly expecting this and weren't ready. I mean I can kiss anyone that isn't the issue but Alice? I don't know.. What if she thinks it'll mean more. No, we're on the same page. It's all an act, remember... Remember that. Just fake it and do it. You kiss girls all the time.

4...

3...

2...

1...

"Happy new year!" Almost everyone shouted. The Wheeler parents kissed, Karen leaning over his recliner cause I swear he never leaves it. She turned to us right after. Alice didn't hesitate to turn her whole body in front of mine and kiss me. I couldn't help but latch on for a second and hold the back of her head. It wasn't bad at all, it was actually nice. I'm questioning my own allegations. She let go and stared into my eyes, we held contact for a while before Mike pissed Alice off.
"Oh my god! I'm gonna throw up!" Mike dramatically said and sat up from his seat on the ground.
"Shove shit up your ass Mike and piss off!" Alice yelled at Mike as he ran up the stairs making gagging noises. Stupid kid.
"Aw you two are sweet." Nancy taunted us.
"Aren't you supposed to be with Harrington?" Alice asked her sister. Nancy rolled her eyes and scoffed away. I have the feeling she didn't like her siblings that much. I could tell she tried her best to not make eye contact with me. Well, I have a feeling this will be awkward for a while... It was just a kiss...

**✿❀ ❀✿**