Chapter 30

Chapter Thirty…

I was shoved into the backseat, squashed between two overly sized men, who I was surprised could even fit in the car, never mind with me in between them. They were a combination of muscle and beer-belly and their hair was greasy. They were definitely in their mid-thirties, if not older. Not exactly your typical image of someone to kidnap a teenage girl.

They weren’t the instigator though, they were just carrying out what they’d been ordered to do.

As soon as we were safely away from the school and speeding down a road, I felt the rope being bound around my hands. Despite knowing I couldn’t get anywhere anyway, they still tied it so tight I could feel the grooves it would be leaving behind.

“Why are you doing this?” I demanded, speaking to Arthur, who was occupying the driver’s seat rather than the apparent body guards either side of me.

He snarled at me, his eyes catching mine in the mirror. “Because she deserves this.” He hissed, giving no explanation whatsoever.

I opened to my mouth, but was stumped. Whereas I was about to insist on not knowing what I had done that could make me deserve this, I realised he hadn’t said me, he’d said she. “She?” I repeated. “You mean my mum?” I figured out.

He didn’t speak another word, but simply replied with a sharp nod of the head. Even with the knowledge that it was my mother he was kidnapping me for, it didn’t reassure me anymore, or make me any less scared.

I found the reality catching up to me, and I began to shake uncontrollably. I was being kidnapped. Taken away from my normal life by this deranged madman who was calling himself my father.

What I wanted right now, was Jord. The heartbroken look I recalled on his face when he saw me being pulled into the car was haunting me now. The anger with which he’d thrown the pen at the wall; kicked whatever object it was in his way; made me realise how much he actually cared. Now I might not even get the chance to tell him how I really felt. To make sure that he knew, really knew.

Somewhere along the way, whether it was from anxiety or shock I didn’t know, I drifted off into a state of unconsciousness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same tight rope bound around my wrists held me in place to the rickety chair I was now tied to. Thankfully, it had been loosened marginally, but my hands were still rubbing together uncomfortably.

Glancing around, I saw I was in something that resembled an old warehouse. It looked almost derelict and there was a collection of cobwebs dangling from the ceiling, which had many holes in, making my gut twist shamelessly. I had never been good with spiders.

There was a variety of windows in a variety of places, but most had been smashed in, leaving only gaping holes. They were all far too high for me to see out of though and the bottom of the wall was all brick, definitely not transparent.

The one door that I could make out was shut tightly, but I was guessing this place was in the middle of nowhere, so I wouldn’t be going anywhere anyway.

I could make out Arthur and his cronies’ figures at the opposite end of the spacious room, all huddled around something. I was almost afraid to find out what it was, but when I did see, I shouldn’t really have been surprised.

Vaguely, I watched as Arthur snorted some Cocaine. I shook my head in disgust. All this time, he’d been exactly the same. Accusing my mother of being a drug addict, whilst inhaling the stuff himself. Hypocrisy at its finest.