Chapter 42: The storm that tears us apart!

Bakugo POV:
After my fight with IcyHot there was radio silence. Neither of us talked much to each other nor to Deku. To be honest I wasn't even sure where Deku was the next few days. I suspected he would be somewhere getting treatment in another room or maybe he had talked to Terry after both IcyHot and I had left the room. Maybe he thought it would be good for Deku to get his own room till the situation had calmed down or something. But that was easier said then done. While Deku was out somewhere Half n' Half and I were left alone in our room. IcyHot had made himself at home on the armchair while I had the whole bed to myself. Even though the last month had gone by fast now every day felt like a week.

There was constantly this awkward tension between me and IcyHot and it drove me insane! Neither of us was willing to admit we had said things we didn't mean or at least waited for the other one to start. For some reason I had hoped this would play out like the other times we fought. We would fight, Shoto would be mad for a couple minutes and the next second everything was fine again. But I guess this was worse than the other times. I wasn't willing to bother with it either though. It was annoying but who cares. He could hold a grudge for the rest of his live if he wanted to be a drama queen about it.

The worst part was that we were practically sitting on top of each other. The room we had lived in was small mainly filled with the huge bed. Neither of us knew where else we could go. But about three days into this stupid child's play I had enough of his angry side eyes and the hesitation to use the bathroom because he might want to use it at the same time and then we would have to engage in a conversation or at least look at each other.

While IcyHot was still sleeping I got dressed and left the hospital. The sun was barely up wich meant it was way colder than expected but I'm no pussy and I was too lazy to go back and get a jacket. I wasn't sure where exactly to go but I just knew I would snap if I didn't have some time on my own. That's why I just strolled through the still empty paths. Once people stated showing up starting to work and I got bored of seeing only fields I decided to go off track and enjoy the empty nature. Whit out even realizing I ended up at the spot Deku, IcyHot, Terry and I had visited a little more than a month ago. As I looked at the pure nature that layer all the way down the cliff I got to thinking.

It was indeed kind of crazy what we had been through the last four months. How in the beginning I nearly died and only with the help of Shoto got through. I mean Deku was also there but all he did was bawling I guess. I remembered the camping trip we had on our way to Silverbrook village. How we ended up sharing a bedroll because it got freezing at night. I chuckled as I remembered how both Deku and IcyHot clinged to me desperately trying to get some of my body warmth. I remembered how relieved I was when both of them were safely in my arms again after we had split up. Alone thinking about what happened before we ended up here. How freaking worried I was. And how angry I was because extras like that made me so freaking worried. As I sat there reminiscing about the last four months I had totally forgotten about the time. I only snapped out of it when a rain drop landed right on the tip of my nose and before I knew it it was raining buckets. "Great, just what I needed" My good mood was instantly gone again.

I got up and slowly started to head back. I wasn't in the mood to hurry up and I was sure that I would end up soaked either way. While I was walking the wind started to pick up. I started shivering as the cold stronger getting breeze brushed through my wet clothes and hair. In mere minutes the calm spring morning had tuned into a full on storm. Quiet rumble noises started coming closer and then loud thunder crashing down. The wind got so strong it whirled up a lot of dirt and leaves. As the storm became worse and worse I started walking a little bit faster after all. The longer I was out here the more fog and rain would block my sight making it harder to find my way back.

At this point not a single person was left on the paths. And then all of a sudden I heard a lightning struck down way to close for comfort. I stoped and hectically turned around. Far away instead of rain I could have sword it was bright light raining down. "Shit, when did it escalate like this?" As I snapped back to the problem at hand I realized that even stopping for a second would cause problems. If I had lifted up my hand I'm not sure I would have been able to see it. The fog was so thick I didn't even know where I was just coming from.

"Bakugo!" I heard a voice from a far. Shouting my name over and over again. Searching for me. Shaking with fear. Then it went silent. There it was again! "Katsuki!" I stoped thinking mindlessly following the so familiar voice. Sometimes it got quieter again I adjusted and kept moving. "KATSUKI!" It was louder. So loud the person shouting could have been standing right next to me. I looked around. Blind. It felt like the voice was coming from all directions now. Or was it even just one voice. All these noises from the rain and thunder the wind and the voice. Not being able to see. I slowly felt an unfamiliar feeling brewing up in my stomach and chest. This feeling of not being able to take a deep breath. As if someone where to choke you or sit on your chest. The feeling of the earth quaking below your feet like it could rip you of of them at any point. Panik. That's what it was. I was panicking. Irritated. Lost. I was so overwhelmed didn't notice the footsteps approaching. "Katsuki!" Everything went quiet. "I finally found you!" It was as if the storm had stoped. "You are unbelievable you know that!" Time had stoped moving. Everything stood still. "Stop looking at me like you've seen a ghost. Are you aware of how much you scared me!" That angry but relived face staring into my eyes. "Katsuki?" I missed the way those beautiful eyes used to notice me. The way they were watching me piercing till deep under my skin. He sighed "Whatever!" His eyes broke contact. "C'mon we need to get out of this storm. You're not even wearing a proper jacket. Are you planing on getting sick?" His usually so gentle hand grabbed my arm and as soon as Shoto started dragging me back to the hospital all those loud sounds crashed back in. And even then I could still hear him mumbling some angry words. Most likely scolding me for scaring him.

And for a second it felt like we had never fought to begin with.

To be continued...