Chapter 25: The Phoenix Nest Inn!

Midoriya POV:
("May I ask something?" I said while cleaning the wound. "You already did but go on" the women said. I hesitated "What happened... I mean for you to be in this kind of situation?" I looked up.
"We'll it started about seven years ago...")

"Back then one part of town was living of of the crops and water coming from the north. The other part lived from supplies coming from the south. That's why they were called the south wing of Silverbrook Village and the north wing of Silverbrook Village. The north wings equipment was transported all the way down the mountains while the south wings equipment had to simply be transported through the woods. That made it significantly harder for the north wind to get what they needed. Especially special deliverys. So you can guess that north was always poorer then south. We used to call the south the rich mens kingdom. So even though we lived in one town most people have never seen villagers from the other part.

Even so we never complained. We had a simple live stile but we were happy. My Husband, George and I, Elizabeth had found "The Phoenix Nest Inn" a couple of years back. It's the building you are in right now. It was a beautiful hotel, well liked and always quit busy. John was nine at that time and Fred one years old. Isabell was a new born baby still. This hotel was our dream, all we had." Elizabeth started tearing up. "Then one day we heard that a big storm had destroyed most of our supply sources. When the delivery arrived the next day there was barely enough to feed half of the north wing. George and a couple of others grouped up and went over to the south wing in hopes they could spare some food and water for our children. But the south wing stayed cold.
The next couple of months the amount of delivery got less and less. Until one day nothing arrived at all. So again a couple of us went over to beg for at least some water. They returned empty handed once again. At this point of time some neighbours had started to try and plant their own groceries but we lived to close to the mountains and the soil was to stoney if we even found some. Soon after the south wing started to load they're garbage of at our border. At first we didn't even mind because that was our only supply source now. After that the houses furthest away from the borders started to die out. The trash got more and more until our town looked more like a garbage disposal then a place were children are at home.
And we couldn't do anything about it. All we could do was watch the north wing slowly rotting. This place became lawless and soon the south wing forgot about us. The only ones that still new of this place had forgotten what happened to it.

My husband stoped eating and soon after his death John did two. After George died I couldn't bare to look at the hotel anymore and because it got to hard to handle on my own I finally closed it. Over time I sold all the interior to the south wing. But even though we had money no one was selling us anything. And we couldn't move away either because of John's condition. I wanted to give up. The only thing that kept me going were my children.

And then a couple of months ago the unthinkable happened. Sails men arrived at Stormhaven Harbour in the south wing. But instead of ignoring us they payed us a visit. They even tried to sell us food. All of us were so happy and happily agreed to get weekly deliveries from them. But they weren't as nice as we thought. The prices got more expensive every delivery until we couldn't afford it anymore. But they wouldn't take that. They talked about the contract we had made and that we have to pay now because we wanted weekly delivery's." "Was the guy earlier one of them?" I asked. She nodded. "Recently they even started killing people who have payed the last time a month ago. But where are we suppose to get all this money from." She started crying.

This started to really piss me off. Why would the south wing be so cruel and not sell them any food if they had enough? And why are the sails men so fixated on the north wing wouldn't they get more money if the sold to another town? Also Elizabeth said they haven't gotten delivery's from the north in 7 years. Shouldn't the fields have recovered by now? Why did they stop sending supplies intierly? Was there really a storm or did they simply find a better buyer? Elizabeth got off the floor "You can stay the night as thanks for all your help but that's all I can give you. That and the advice to get out of the north wing as quick as possible." She then said and went to bed. Could I really just leave here and act like I didn't see anything? But even if I decided to help, how? On top of that Shoto and Kacchan will be waiting for me tomorrow and we have our own problem to solve. These question kept me awake the entire night, wondering what I should be doing next. And then when the sun rose I finally got a decent idea! Maybe I would be able to convince Kacchan and Shoto that we make a small side trip north and see what kept them from delivering to the north wing of Silverbrook Village. That was the least I could do, no?

But before that I still had one day left. I know we were suppose to earn money in that time but this was more important. And so I got up before anyone else and looked around the hotel. Once I had found all I needed I started to clean the place up and fix holes that let the cold form outside in. I didn't have much to work with but I did my best and it was definitely getting better.
I started by dusting off and sweep the floors. Then I walked all the way over to the stream coming from the mountains. The water was ice cold but it seemed to be pretty clean. I used it to clean the windows, floors, walls, and all the surfaces I could find. When I was done the others were awake and I was able to take their bed linen and clothes. I carried them all to the stream and tried to clean them as well as possible. While I was doing that I had left some water on a small fire. Once I was back and the laundry was drying over the fire. I cleaned Fred and Isabell with the warmed up water. Then is was Johns turn. I tried to figure out why he was sick. It was obvious that because he hasn't eaten well he had fallen ill with a fever. So I made my way to the south wing and traded my gold coin for some groceries. I was able to get enough to make a soup once I had returned. While it was cooking on the fire I took down the laundry and made the beds as well as cleaned John in a warm bath before tucking him into a now clean bed. And so when the sun started setting I was to busy with finishing up to notice how late it had gotten. The house was clean, fixed as good as possible and they had some food as well as water. I carefully fed John and once I was done I feel asleep due to all this exhaustion, forgetting about the meeting with Kacchan and Shoto entirely.

To be continued...