Chapter 48: Welcome back!

Todoroki POV:
The floorboards creaked as we entered the old tavern. A background noise of drunks filled the room. Magnus stood behind the bar then grabbed a tray full of alcohol and made his way over to the tables.  „I'll be right with you!" he said without looking when the little bell over the door rang.  With a brisk pace he placed all the cups on a couple of tables. While I looked around I spotted Mrs. Rosewood. Her hair was tucked up in a messy bun and she wore a colourful big skirt as well as a bright smile. She happily danced around tables taking orders cleaning tables and then stoking back to take care of customers sitting at the bar. She looked a lot more like she belonged here now that she had lost the formal dress and tight ponytail in wich she looked like some business woman or rich royal.

"Kid!" Magnus quickly walked over to us. "Haven't seen you in months! How have you been?" "We have been quit busy recently. A lot has happened but our situation is changing for the better." " That sounds promising. And who are your friends?" "Oh, right. These are Midoriya and Bakugo. The people I travel with. I told you about them before." "Izuku is fine" Izuku said and shook Magnus hand. "It's nice to meet you. Please sit down at the bar. I'll be with you as soon as I have some time. If you need anything please ask Vivi." Magnus said while already on his way back to work. "Oh, right. Shoto! Please chat with my wife for a bit. Can you believe she is back?!" His smile was as bright as a beam of light. Izu, Katsuki and I sat down at the bar. "Oh, it's you three again." Mrs.Rosewood said and walked over to us. "What can I get you?"
We stayed at the bar till quite late into the night. We chatted a lot with Magnus and Mrs.Rosewood. After some time the bar got a lot fuller and after an hour emptier than at the beginning again. Soon after that Katsuki stated whining about how annoying all of this was and that he wanted to leave already. Magnus apologised for not being able to give us a place to sleep especially because he couldn't give us his bed now that his wife had returned. When we were about to leave the bar was basically empty. Izu grabbed Katsuki and left the tavern already because he got more and more impatient. Mrs. Rosewood helped out the remaining customers and Magnus and I had a moment to our selves.

"You sure have nice friends. It becomes obvious how much they mean to you." He smiled. "Hey Magnus-" "Ah don't say anything. I'm sure I already know. You won't come back will you?" I looked at him surprised. How did he figure? "No, most likely not." I looked at the floor. He sighed but with a smile. "I surely will miss you a lot. It's been a blast having you around even if not for long. I'm not sure what exactly you three are trying to do but I've understood that it is as difficult as important. I wish you three all the best and hope you accomplish your goal! The best of luck!" In this moment I got a weird felling. A thought struck me: What would happen if we got out of this world? In the end if we manage to beat the Spectator would Magnus-? "Kid?" I looked up. "What's wrong? Hm?" "It's nothing. Just upset I won't get to see you again." "I don't believe you." He chuckled. Then he came closer and hugged me. "Don't worry somehow I'm sure we will be able to meet again" For a moment we just stood there and hugged. "It's weird." "What is?" "I was never able to have a child. But somehow to moment you showed up that emptiness disappeared." I wasn't sure what to answer. For a moment there was silence. Katsuki then burst into the pub: "You coming or what?!" He shouted. "Kacchan!" Izuku pulled him out again and closed the door, smiling apologetic on Katsukis behalf. "I guess I have to go now." I said. "Right. Have a save trip." Magnus said. On my way out a tear rolled down my cheek but before I opened the door I quickly wiped it away.

Bakugo POV:
When IcyHot finally came out of the stinky pub we made our way to the harbour. It was quite late and the only people left on the streets were dunks going home. Deku once again babbled us with useless stuff, but what surprised me was that this time, instead of listening attentively, Shoto seemed somehow absent. I ignored it and we kept walking. Once we reached the old man's house I knocked a couple of times and even tried to open the door with force but it was no use. Seriously if ever anyone would place a bomb under this mans house he wouldn't even flinch if it went up while he slept. We got out our bedrolls and got comfy in the little boat I had slept in before. For the rest of the night IcyHot kept quiet. After some time Deku got tired and only once he had fallen asleep it all of a sudden went silent. Deku clenched onto my left arm while burying his face into my chest. After two or three minutes a very soft snore came out of his direction. IcyHot was laying on his back and just starred into the with stars filled sky. I thought about asking what was up but decided to leave him be. I let my head plop onto his shoulder and her immediately started playing with my hair. Soon enough I nodded off as well.

The next morning we were roughly woken up. "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING ON MY PROPERTY?!" As I opened my eyes the old geezer was leaning over us. Before he even gave me a chance to open my eyes to the full extend he kicked against the boat making it turn over and causing all three of to fall into the ocean. I was able to make it to the surface fast but Deku was struggling. He had been still asleep and had no idea what was going on. In the panic the idiot forgot how to swim and I had to help him stay over water while he was coughing his lungs out of his chest. He held onto me as if he had just seen his live flash by. "WHAT THE HECK OLD GEEZER?! NO WAY YOU DIDN'T RECOGNISE ME!" "Ups" he grinned.

To be continued ...