Chapter 19: A new town!

Bakugo POV:
Days went by. We woke up. Packed all our stuff together. Ate a small amount of our rations each. Started to follow the diary's directions. When we came across a flow, stream, lake or waterfall we cleaned ourselves and filled up our water skins. Picked up edible resources on the way. Made a small break when we got tired or hungry and continued till the sun started to set. Then we started to look for a spot to set up camp, ate food and went to bed. Next morning we repeated.

After day one we had the worst sleep in two months.
After day two it started to get colder each day.
After day three we ran out of topics to talk about so most of the time we were silent.
After day four we noticed how there wasn't a single soul around. Not even little insects crawling through the thick moss.
After day five we finished our first bread.
After day six our muscles started to cramp.
After day seven I started to doubt we were getting anywhere.
And after day eight I realised the others were sick of this never ending circle two.
Day nine irregularities started showing up. Like random bricks laying around or broken house lanterns being devoured by nature.
Day ten we finally saw light breaking through the thick trees and an opening split a couple meters ahead.

"Look! We finally made it" Deku made a small air jump before starting to run towards the light Shoto right behind him. I finally caught up to them and as I wound my way through the last trees I saw Deku and Shoto stop running. "Hey you lazybones, why did you stop? Already out of brea-" my speech was stolen as I looked upon what laid ahead.
A town of houses, each up to three stories high. Bright lanterns dotted the facades and illuminated the slowly darker getting streets as the sun set between the surrounding mountains. Plants not only reached up buildings but also took over entire alleys. A stream made its way down from the tops of mountainsides till it could reach the streets splitting the town in half. Rickety bridges connected the various roads and buildings. In the distance, the peaks of something castle-like stood out. The old style reflected in the architecture as well as the clothing. But what surprised us the most was people. And not a few of them. The streets were full of humans jostling their way through the masses hoping to arrive at their destinations in time.
It caught us of guard as Deku all of a sudden started to laugh. His face filled with pure relieve as he shouted "We made it! We finally made it! We are out of this dark, forsaken forest!" We looked at each other for a moment then IcyHot and I joined in.

As we got closer the path of gravel turned into bigger getting stones until we walked on solid ground. We decided to take an alley to get away from the hustling crowd. "Hey guys, I'm pretty tired. Do we want to try and find a place to stay for today and call it?" Deku asked as we strolled through the less full streets "I am totally on board but with what money? We passed by a couple of taverns and little hotels but even if we wanted to sleep in an actual bed for once we'll have to set up camp further out the town again" Shoto said. Deku let out a little pout. "I'm sorry" he tried to cheer him up. "You guys take any stuff from the house with you?" I asked a couple seconds later. "What do you mean. We took our equipment with us." "I don't mean that stuff idiot. I mean junk we don't necessarily need anymore." Both looked at me question marks all over their faces. I sighed and then pointed at an old signs hanging over one of the wooden doors. It said: "BITS and PIECES! BUY or SELL!". "We can hopefully sell the junk over there to get at least enough money to have one night of good rest." I explained. "Haaaaaa! You're a genius Kacchan!"
As we entered the shop a little bell ringed. It was a very small room filled with stuff carefully organised into the shelves. A middle aged man with a beard, circles under the eyes and a cigaret hanging out of his mouth was leaning over the counter. "How can I help?" He asked with a bored and tired tone in his voice. "Good day, sir! We have a couple of things we would like you to have a look at and possibly buy too." Deku said cheerfully as he placed the things we had just dug out of our backpacks on the counter. "If nothing more" the man said and started to look through the stuff. "Well, some of this stuff seems to be quite the old artifacts so I can buy them of for a ok price but at least half of this stuff is garbage. You can ask in other shops to buy this trash but I doubt anyone would want it so at this point just throw it away." "How much can you give us for that?" Shoto asked. "Hmm, for these three I would maximum give you ... 3 Silver and 1 Copper. Deal?" He answered. I had no clue how much that was but the guy seemed like someone who'd buy for way to cheap of a price. "Are ya shitting me? That's valuable stuff you are trying to buy here. If you think we'll sell you even one of them for less then at east 8 silver you must be dreaming!" I tried to get more money out of him. "8 SILVER?! Are you bunkers? Do you even know how much currency that is?" Now the man looked as awake as ever. "All right, all right if you buy 5 I'll sell it for 5 Silver and 3 Copper each." I compromised. "Duuude! That's 2 Gold 6 Silver and 5 Copper!" The man shouted aghast. "Do we have a deal or not?" I asked unbothered by his reaction. The man went silent for a little bit then he said: "Okay listen, this is my last offer. How about 5 for 2 Gold, 5 Silver?" "Hmmmm.... I say 6 for 3 Gold. That's 1 Silver and 8 copper less expensive then it would be if I'd charge you 5 Silver 3 Copper each!" I answered. The mans face turned red of anger. "The more I try to dial the price down the more you will sell me won't you?" He asked. I chuckled "Your choice bro.." "Alright fine. 6 for 3 Gold it is." I grinned. Shoto put the 2 left over things back in his backpack as the salesman handed me a small sack. I took a look inside to make sure he wasn't ripping us of. Inside was 3 little coins made out of gold. "It was a pleasure to make business with you." I said as I secured the money in my pocked. "Whatever, just make sure to get out of here and never come back!" He said angrily and we left the shop. "Wow Kacchan! You were so cool! How did you know how much to charge him?" Deku said as soon as the door closed behind us. "To be honest I have no clue how much we have now. But from what he said I think 10 Copper is 1 Silver and 10 Silver is 1 Gold. I doubt its gonna be enough to pay for a hotel and food though." I answered. "Maybe we should go in a tavern and look at the prices. Like this we will get a feeling of this worlds currency. And if we don't have enough we might be able to sell the other 2 things in another shop." Shoto suggested. "All right then." And so we made our way to the nearest tavern.

To be continued...