Chapter 46: Back on track!

Bakugo POV:
Minutes after the train had stoped for the sixth time Mr. Wiskers already stood in the doorframe of our cabin. "Final destination, punks. Now take your stuff and piss of."

As soon as we had stepped out the train started blowing all the dirt and dry leaves around us. Leaving steaming rails behind.
It was dark by now. Actually it was so late the sun would probable start rising soon again. While we were still standing there Shoto let his head plop back onto my shoulder while his eyes were closed again. "Hey! Don't fall asleep now!" Deku giggled. "Let's find a place to stay the night." Not much walking later we found a smal Inn we could rest at. It wasn't really clean and the floor would have probable been comfier than the single bed all three of us squeezed into but it was better than sleeping on the streets or not sleeping at all.

The next morning I was the first to wake up. But that didn't meant that I could get up because both Deku and IcyHot used me as their mattress so that all of us fit into the bed. I just watched their little chests move up and down until Deku finally opened his eyes. "Gm mornin" he greeted me. "Finally awake huh?" I said. "What time is it?" Deku asked while rubbing the sand out of his eyes. "I don't know. Like ... 11 or something." I answered. "Alright, let's get up then so that we can quickly find help and get back to Silverbrook!" He said all awake out of nowhere. "That's a days trip. I don't think we'll make it today." The now awake IcyHot added. Deku jumped out of bed and walked over to his clothes with a limp. "Let's not waste time then! We've already wasted enough time being off track." "What's the rush all of a sudden?" I asked Deku. He stoped for a second. "As I said. This was only meant to be a short stopover, wich ended up costing months of our time. So, if we can let's finish this and then leave!" "Fine, fine don't rush me."
As expected the Inn we stayed at had no Breakfast. Instead we found a little cafe we stoped at before finishing our side quest. Because of how much Deku had walked yesterday his legs were hurting more again. That's why I was carrying both bag backs while Half n' half carried Deku. We asked for directions and soon had a Contact person.

"Silverbrook?!" The lady looked quite stunned. "I didn't know it looked that bad for theold town." "You know it?" Deku asked. "Yeah, I grew up there. It's been a while since I visited though... But if I would be able to help my old home I'd gladly do so." "Really?!" IcyHot was struggling to stay on his feet because of the exited Deku on his back. "Well, I can't promise anything but I'll talk to the other farmers and see if we could start delivering to them. "That would be great! Would you be able to tell us when you guys will decide? You see we are in a bit of a rush and had hoped we would be able to leave latest tomorrow." Shoot asked very diplomatically. That guy is so full of himself. "Latest tomorrow? As far as I can assess the situation we will leave soonest tomorrow. Not only does this situation have a lot to do with money and contracts we would also have to prepare all the goods before we could set out." The women answered. "It might also be important to add that only half of Silverbrook, the north wing, needs deliveries." "I'll see what I can do." She answered to Deku. "How about you come back in an hour or two and I'll let you know what is possible and what not. Just ask for Mrs. Rosewood." "We will. Thanks a bunch, Mrs. Rosewood." "Don't worry." She smiled.

"So, what are we going to do in the meantime?" Deku asked. "Don't know." I looked over to IcyHot to see whether he had an idea but he seemed distracted. "You good, Scarface?" "Hm? Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just trying to remember." IcyHot mumbled. "Remember what?" Deku asked. "Just where I had heard that name before." "What Rosewood?" "Mhm. I swear I know it from somewhere." "Well I don't." Deku said. "Can you guys discuss that after we have figured out what to do in an entire hour of waiting." I budded in. "Well we probable shouldn't go in a cafe or anywhere we spend money considering we don't have a way to make it back right now." IcyHot said. "True, but what else is there to do?" Deku asked. "We could try to find a place we can make money" I suggested. "And where would that be?" IcyHot asked. "Well with Deku that whole thing is a bit more difficult. Plus having to carry these bags around. How about you two take the bags and sit down somewhere while I see if there's a one day job offer I can make some money at." "Are you sure? I could come with you." IcyHot said. "Don't worry. Deku will get bored all alone but I have work to keep me busy." "Ok, see you later Kacchan!" "And remember to go back to Rosewood once the hour is up. If I find something it will be probable for longer than an hour." "How will we find you later?" IcyHot asked. "I'll meet you at sundown at the fountain over there." "That gives me a bad Deja vu." "Don't be a pussy Deku!"

Todoroki POV:
"I talked to the guys handling all the official paperwork and they said we'd gladly deliver. Usually we would first go to the village to check how many households there are and to get all the papers signed, but you told be about how difficult the situation is. So I stood up for you guys and we will be able to take off tonight with enough food to at least feed everyone with one meal. If you are ready at 10pm we can even take you with us." "Are you serious?!" Izuku shouted. "I am" Mrs. Rosewood smiled satisfied.

And so we met Katsuki at 8pm at the fountain. He had managed to help clean at a cafe and made a little bit of money. With the freshly earned money we ate one last meal together before meeting up with Mrs. Rosewood and the other farmers and contract commissioned before heading out. Deku sat down on one of the wagons filled with food and recourses. We gave him the bag packs and walked along next to him. We made our way through high fields and beautiful landscapes. Soon we would be able to continue our journey home and it made me feel at ease. I had no clue how long it would take us or how many side tracks we had to take in the future. But I was sure somehow all three of us would make it out of here.

To be continued ...