Chapter Forty

I was on the swings with Blayke "Y/n" Deanna said "yes" I stood up "you're our new teacher! you and blayke the school house is just over 8am" "oh okay sure" "you'll meet all the kids and Carl and Kash can come too but I have him on building with his drawing and speaking of" she handed me a bag with coloring books for B and sketch book for Kash. "thanks they'll like this" she nodded before walking away "come on baby let's go see whats going on" I grabbed her hand. 

We got up on the porch "why don;t you and kash open your gift" I handed it to her and she ran inside I turned my head to Daryl "guess whos a teacher" I wrapped my arms around his neck "oh yeah?" he wrapped his arms around me "Yep Mrs.Dixon" he smiled "I thought I told you to shower" he shook his head "I ain't laying with you tonight" "yes you are" I shook my head "we're all staying in one house you ain't got a chose" "you stink" "ain't new" I laughed kissing him. 

Carol made food for everyone "looking very sharp Ricky" I smiled at his new clean shave "thanks Y/n" "very officer friendly of you" he laughed.  Kash sat in the corner with his Sketch book. "I really like this pillow" Blayke said I giggled as I sat next to her Daryl behind me "what are you drawing?" she asked "nothing" she put you brows together "loser" "Blayke don't say that" I held a laugh in same with Kash.

"guess I have to lay with you" I said wrapping my arms around his waist laying my head on his chest "but please really shower tomorrow" he laughed "I will" "i have work in the morning" I smiled  a knock came to the door. Rick opened in Deanna came in "rick I-wow I didn't know what was under there. Listen I don't mean to interrupt I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling in," She looked over going over all of us on the floor "oh my staying together smart" "no one said we couldn't" "you said you're a family thats what you said. absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Don't you think?" "everybody said you gave them jobs" Rick changed the topic "mmhmm yeah. part of this place looks like the communists won after all " "well you didn't give me one" "I have I just haven't told you yet same with michoone i'm closing in on something for sasha," She looked to Daryl and me "and i'm just trying to figure Mr. Dixon out but I will" "good luck with that" Kash whispered Daryl pushed his shoulder with a slight smile. 

I woke up and Daryl wasn't next to me I sighed and stood up going to the kitchen "coffee?" Glenn asked "oh my gosh yes I miss coffee" I took a cup "you like it?" "yeah its nice Blayke likes it alot..do you guys like it?" "yeah it's nice for Maggie how about Daryl" "hes Daryl he'd rather live in a cave," he smiled "you know where he is?" "porch" I nodded "thanks". 

"hi Dixon" I said he sat at the corner of the porch "hey" "what are you doing?" he shrugged "Dare?" "mmm" "you okay?" "yeah sunshine" I smiled and sat next to him "you have work?" he added making me slightly laugh "yeah in like an hour" he nodded I laid my head on his shoulder "I love you" "where'd that come from" I shrugged "I just love you" I smiled he kissed my head "I love you too" Rick and Blayke walked out the door she came between us "hi" I whispered. 

"they said explore lets explore" Rick said "nah i'll stay" "I wanna go! please daddy" he bit his lip "I can take her then too mrs.Dixons class" I giggled "thanks" he nodded. B saw a woman walking her dog her eyes light up "a dog!" she ran down the stairs the knife on her side moving with her "Lori and me we used to drive through places like this think one day" "she'd be happy the kids have it" he nodded before going to Blayke. 

"I want you to be happy" I whispered holding his hand "I am happy" I sighed "we'll go with you anywhere you know that" he nodded "y'all happy makes me happy see" he smiled widely I did the same and kissed him cupping his cheek. "I do have work my love,"