Chapter Thirty Nine

I rocked Judith back and fourth "she yours" the man asked "no" I said not looking at him "the other one?-" "don't talk to her unless she asks you something" Rick said. "uncle rick I think shes hungry" "yeah B I know" he lifted her from me "you did see the jar of applesauce in my bag right? this isn't a trick. This isn't about trying to make you like me it's self preservation because if the roamers hear her and come this way I know i'll be the first to go" "I love apples" Blayke said. 

The gate opened I was holding Blaykes hand behind me, something moved by the trash can we all raised our guns. Daryl shot the opossum that came out holding it by the tail "we brought dinner" B giggled as her dad spoke. "its okay come on in guys" Aaron said. We walked in "look apple trees" she said making me smile "before you go any farther I need you all to turn over your weapons" the man who opened the gate "you stay you hand them over" rick walked to Aaron "we don't know if we want to stay" "its fine Nicholas" "ifwe were gonna use them we would have started already" "let them talk to Deanna first, shes gonna know everything you need to know about this place Rick why don't you go in first" "Y/n" I turned and shot the walker before the gate closes "good thing we're here" Rick added. 

Rick went in as we waited "will you be fine by yourself?" Daryl asked "yeah promise...stay with Blayke I got it" "i'll go with Y/n if thats fine just so shes not alone" Kash said "yeah thanks" Daryl said patting Kashs shoulder. "Y/n your up" Rick said me and Kash walked in, while Blayke stayed by Daryl. "Have a seat please" the older woman Deanna said I sat on the couch chair Kash leaning on the wall "whats your name?" she added "Y/n Dixon" "and who this young man?" "Kash" he said "last name for the camera" she pointed he sighed "Dixon his last names Dixon" she nodded. 

"what did you do before this?" "I was a bar owner and stay at home mom we lived downstairs from the bar" she nodded "well bar owner isn't a job here is there anything else" "um I home schooled my daughter so teaching maybe" she nodded again "is your daughter still here?" "yes! Blayke she out there with my husband Daryl" "is this your son?" "no but hes with us" "how long have you known your husband?" "why does that matter?" "just want to get to know you" "since I was 14". 

"why let people in us in" I asked "Aaron must have seen something in you. why do you think it was a bad choice?" "that matters on who you ask" "who else?" "the people we've gone to war with" "have you killed people?" "yeah" "why?" "they tried to hurt us" "we've all done bad things" I tapped on my leg, "how long have you been with the group?" "since the start" she nodded "Kash why don't you have a seat" I stood up and let him sit "you want me to-" "no stay" I smiled and leaned back. 

"Kash did you have a job before this?" he shook his head "school" he shook his head again "hobbies?" "skateboreding I guess I drew" "why the tattoos?" "i felt like it idk this is stupid can I go?" "no you have a choice now school or working?" "working I guess," he stood up "can I go yes i can" he walked out "sorry thank you" 

A women came with a cart "there still your guns you can have them whenever you go outside the wall but inside here they stay in the armory" she said I looked to Daryl who nodded and I sat my two guns on the cart "should have brought another bin she said leaving "i'll show you to the houses" "there's a park" I whispered to Glenn "and a Book shop" "really?!" he nodded. 

"oh my god this is like a house I always wanted" I whispered "its like the farm house" Maggie said I nodded "Mommy! there's water!" "shower right now!" I laughed "okay!". 

Me and her both showered and changed into clean clothe. We walked to the porch where Daryl sat with the opossum he got "where you two going?" he asked "we're going to the park" "you should come" blayke added "I think daddy should shower first" "that ain't happening" "Daryl I really think you should" "shower baby," I walked down "you may be a gift later if you do" "I dont wanna hear that" Rick said making me laugh.