Chapter Eleven

flashback

14(y/n) and 16 (daryl) years old 

I was sitting at the bar at my parents bar doing homework while my brother hunter wiped the cups when merle dixon and his little brother daryl. "what do you want merle?" hunter asked "whisky and one for my brother here"  "to young merle you know that"  as he handed him his drink I got up and walked behind the bar and got myself a coke and grabbed one for his little brother "on the house " i told him he nodded. i was still sitting doing homework when more guys walked in "merle did you take my fuckin meth!!" the guy yelled "what are you talkin bout man come have a drink"merle said "no i want my meth" "dude get out of my bar and deal with your shit somewhere else" hunter said "merle i want my meth" he didn't pay any mind to hunter and pulled his gun pointing it at merle . i watched my brother reach for his but before he could pull it out the guy shot him twice in the shoulder. i gasped and ran behind the bar  "no no no no no no hunter stay with me" i put his head in my lap "i-i lov...love ..yo...." his eyes closed "no no..CALL SOMEONE!!!!" i yelled daryl ran and grabbed the phone "come on hunter everyone alright left" i cried putting my hands on his shoulder trying to stop the bleeding.

"we have to take him" the emts said "is he going to be okay?" they gave me a look i cried harder after they left merle and daryl were still there "leave merle" i said "what?!" "he died because of you because you stole meth" "I didnt do shit" he got up walking towards me daryl stepped in front of him "just leave man" daryl said merle scoffed and walked out. I picked up the phone but dropped it when i saw all the blood that got on the white phone and cried harder. daryl walked over to me and picked up the phone then pulled me into his chest wrapping one of his arms around my shoulders the phone in his other hand. I had my head on his chest my arms around his waist "whats the number" he asked "8-865-###-#### jus-t- just tel-l-l him t-o-o-o c-ome h-ere" he nodded and called the number "come to the bar" he said then hung up "come on le-um lets clean your hands" he said and walked me into the bathroom and helped me wash my hands he got most of the blood off  "stay here" he walked away and came back with jack poring it on my hands to get the rest of the blood off .  Lee came running into the bathroom. Lee was my brothers bestfriend i have known him since i was brother and i grew closer to him when my parents died. "what happened?" he said "some guy came in and-and  sho-t  h-him" "what do you mean" "merle dixon stole some guys meth then came in here" "what the fuck are you still doing here?" he told daryl "hey he didn't do anything hes helping""the cops won't do anything so i guess we got to" i nodded. "you coming daryl?" i asked "what are we doing?" "you will have to see" . we loaded the cans of gas into the back of lees truck. We all drove to the guys house "grab a can and just throw it all over the house " lee said "what if a kids in there or something" i asked "theres not i know these guys"  "okay" i started poring the gas all over the house the other to doing the same. Lee went to light the match "can i do it?" i asked he thought for a sec then handed it to me. i light it then watched the house go up in flames "come on we have to go" lee said we all jumped back in the truck "do you need a ride back home daryl?" i asked "sure just up the road to the left" i nodded. we pulled up to a homeless shelter? "thanks" he said and hopped out "wait your staying here" he nodded "get back in the car" "what are you doing" lee said "lee i have no one anymore he dosen't have anyone either  so just let me do this.... daryl get back in the car stay with me" "no i-" "get in the car daryl" "let me go grab my shit" .

"you going to be okay by yourself ?" lee said i nodded "ill see you tomorrow" he hugged me "bye". "you can stay in my room its just down the hall theres a bathroom if you need to shower i im going to stay in hunters room" "thanks" i nodded.