Chapter Fourteen

>> Eight Months Later <<

Jumping from place to place has been hard on Blayke, everytime we got a little bit up food or water I would give mine to Blayke. Which has been making me weak but I can make it. Blayke has lost the light in her eyes which broke my heart. She now knows how to shoot a gun and throw knifes. And is now calling everyone aunt and uncle which was so cute. but she didn't know what to call Hershel.

Flashback 

"what should I call you?" Blayke asked sitting next to Hershel "why don't you call me pop" "why pop?" "what did you call your grandpa?" "I never had a grandpa my friends did tho" she said then her face turned sad after she said that "that's okay I never had a grandpa either" he said making me smile, I knew he did but it made my little girl feel better  "you can call me pop's,pop or grandpa whatever you want" he added "okay!".

End 

Daryl spread a map out on top of one of the hood which we all stood around. "we've got no place left to go" T- dog said "when this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off, we'll never make it south" Maggie said pointing to the map "what do you say it's about 150 head?" Daryl said looking around. Glenn looked at him then said "that was last week could be twice that now" and pointed to the map "this river could have delaved them if we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through this" Hershel said. "yeah but if this group joins with that one they could spill out this way" someone said I started feeling light headed so a lead on daryl wrapping my arms around him to stand "you okay?" he asked "just tired" he nodded. "only thing to do is double back at 27th and swings towards Greenville" Rick said "we picked through that already it's like we spent the winter going in circles" T added "yeah I know I know at Newman we'll push west. I haven't been through the area we can't keep going house to house. We need to find someplace to hold up for a few weeks" Rick said looking to Lori as he spoke. "do you have any food?" I asked "yeah...didn't you just eat?" " I've been giving all my food to Blayke" "that's why you look like shit..sit down" I sat down he gave me some food I guess he had been saving "thanks" I said "yeah stay put i'm going hunting" he said then kissed my head.

Daryl came running over to me "we found a prison! get your shit lets go!" he said. Blayke threw one of her knifes through the skull of the walker when it fell she ran over with Carl and pulled it from it's skull.  "come on lets go!" Rick said as we walked through the hole in the fence, Glenn zip tied the fence closed. I held Blayke's hand keeping her close to me "Carl stay close to me okay?" I said he nodded moving a bit closer to me. "so how do we close the gate?" Hershel asked "i'll do it you guys cover me" Glenn said "no it's a suicide run" Maggie told Glenn "i'm the fastest". "No. You, Maggie and Beth draw as many as you can over there pop them through the fence" Rick told Glenn pointing to the other side of the guard run "Daryl, Blayke go back to the other tower. Carol, you've become a pretty good shot, take your time. We don't have a lot of ammo to waste. Hershel, you, and Carl  take this tower" he added "alright" Carl says going over to the tower "i'll run for the gate" he said "i'll go with you" "No!" Daryl said "he needs someone to go with him" "no he don't! your acting stupid" I rolled my eyes "asshole" I whispered . "go with your dad and listen" I told Blayke walking to my tower "okay love you!" "love you". I shot walkers that got to close to Rick, as Carl shot next to me. Rick ran back through the gate, I heard "light 'em up!" from Daryl from the other tower.

I made a little bed for us by the fire, Blayke and Carl were playing tag in the field. I watch Daryl tell Blayke something then walked away "what's wrong?" Glenn asked sitting next to me "I guess Daryl's mad at me...cause I wanted to go with Rick but i'm mad at him too. who the fuck does he think he is telling me i'm acting stupid in front of our kid fuckin asshole" I said making him laugh "what's so funny?" I asked with a chuckle "your perfect for each other" he said making me push his shoulder as we laughed "thanks!" I said. He came back with a few gutted, cut up squirrels. He sat on top of the run down bus on watch, Maggie was braiding Blayke's hair so I gave Glenn a look which he nodded to watching her. I climbed up the bus and sat next to Daryl laying my head on his shoulder "I know your mad at me" I said but he said nothing back "I was just trying to do my part in the group but I didn't like the way you spoke to me in front of Blayke and the group" "you don't have to kill yourself for the group" "I wasn't going to kill myself that's a bit much" "Rick was fine on his own you don't need to put yourself in danger" "when you go out hunting for two day by yourself do I say anything?No. Because I trust in your decisions so trust in mine and don't be an asshole" "i'm sorry" he wrapped his arm around me kissing my head. "I love you but I have to get our girl feed and ready for bed" I said and kissed him "I love ya, I'll be down in a bit" "k".  

As I walked over to the fire T-dog started Carol walked up to me "here's your food I was going to bring it to you and Daryl" she said handing me a bowl "thank you!" she nodded and smiled then kept walking. "Mommy? Is there more food?" Blayke asked "here" Daryl came up giving her his bowl "thank you daddy!" she smiled