Chapter Thirty- Six

Prom Night 

D-18 Y-16

| Daryl's POV | 

9pm 

I walked in the front door to the bar hanging my keys on the hook, I walked down the stairs Y/n was sitting on the couch puffy eyes tears going down her face beer in her hand. "ya okay? did everything go okay wi-" she cut me off "he never showed up" "Ethan?" she nodded "one of the chicks call he went with someone else" she took another drink and wiped her face still in her dress "come on" I went over and put my hand out "no" "Sunshine come on" she grabbed my hand and stood up "what?" she whispered as I wiped her cheeks "we're gonna go f'r a drive" she sighed "let me go change" she said "no your 'ine" "bu-" "no your look great". 

"where are we going?" she asked laying her head on my shoulder in the truck "just for a drive" "thank you" she whispered. We drove down a dirt road for sometime when I finally stopped, she sat up giving me a look I took an old county CD in the player of my trunk. I hopped out and put a hand out for her which she took and hopped out, I turned the radio up. I moved in the headlights and waved her over "what?" she smiled. I grabbed her hands "dance with me" "Daryl!" she said smiling as I spin her. she wrapped her arms around my shoulders laying her head on my chest for the slow song "didn't know you were a dancer Dixon" "I am for you" she smiled digging her head into my chest to hide her blush. She pulled back a bit and cupped both my cheeks "thank you" she whispered I nodded "do it Daryl" she giggled I leaned down and kiss her pulling her closer by her waist. 

| Y/n's POV |

Daryl was in the drivers seat me the next to him Kash,Blayke and Carol in the back seat as we drove out of the city. Blayke's eyes started to water again "come here" I whispered I pulled her into the front and when I did she put hands out to her dad, Daryl lifted one arm and let her crawl into his lap and lay her head on his shoulder he kissed her head. I looked back to Kash who was just looking out the window, I pulled down the mirror and saw blood on the side of my face I tried to wipe it off with my fingers then the tears that mixed with it. 

Daryl pulled over behind Rick to bury Beth and stay for the night, "they're gonna head to Noah's neighborhood is it okay if I go?" Kash asked "yeah be careful" Daryl said next to me "I will" he added before walking away to go with Noah, Ty, Rick, Michonne and Glenn. Daryl went and sat by himself in the corner pulling Beths shoe laces out of his pocket, I laid a sleeping Blayke on the makeshift bed with Carl and walked over to him. He kept trying to wrap them around his legs but failed, I gently grabbed them from his hands tying them with shaky hands "thanks" he said voice breaking while taking his vest off "yeah" I whispered he pulled me into his lap. My legs in his lap head on his chest he grabbed his vest and put it over my shoulders "I love ya" he whispered I grabbed his hand and brought the back of it to my lips "I love you too". 

"come here sweet girl" I said putting her between me and Daryl by the fire we all sat around his arm around us. "Tyreese was bit had to cut his arm off" Ricks voice came through the radio. Ty was gone I sobbed into my hands. Kash sat by us looking into the fire his eyes watered but he quickly wiped them I grabbed his arm softly and pulled him to us "it's okay to cry" I whispered into his hair he sighed letting tears fall. Blayke crying too I kissed her cheek laying my head back on Ds chest. 

We buried him too, then decided to head for Washington even though Eugene didn't have a cure. "found this for you" Kash said pulling a teddy bear out of his backpack giving it to Blayke she slightly smiled "thanks" he gave a tight smile in the back seat "Cars are out come on we're walking" Daryl said coming to the car I sighed and put my cross over bag back on and new backpack. 

a/n I know y'all hate me and i'm gonna update more!!!! if i'm gonna update more promise yall can tell me to get my shit together lol