Chapter Twenty - One

"No better to live like rats" Merle said, Daryl stood with Blayke's arms wrapped around his leg and his hand on her back "you got a better idea?" Rick asked "yeah we should have slid out of here last night. And lived to fight another. But we lost that window didn't we? i'm sure hes got scouts on every road out this place by now" Merle added "we ain't scared of that prick" Daryl said, Blayke looked up at me "i'm scared of him" she whispered making Daryl beaned down and pick her up "y'all should be. Truck through the fence thing thats just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some think walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers and if he takes the high ground around this place. Shoot he could just starve us out if he wanted"  Merle looked up at his brother "okay shes done hearing this" I said taking Blayke from Daryl, I set her on the bed in my cell then stood just outside the door. "Let's put him in the other cell block" Maggie said "yes I agree" I pointed to her "you're such a bitch!" Merle yelled to me "watch your mouth!" Daryl said at the same time Rick said "watch it" "..but he's got a point" Daryl added."This is all you you started this!" Maggie yelled "what difference whose fault it is? what do we do" "i said we should leave. Now Axel's dead we can't just sit here" Hershel said making rick walk away "GET BACK HERE!.. you're slipping Rick we've all seen it. We understand why . but now it's not the time you once side this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my familys life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something!". 

I sat on my bunk grabbing things from beside me, putting them into my cross over bag. 
"how are you?" Daryl asked from the door way "just peachy... how was your little runaway vacay?" I looked up at him "i'm so-" "don't 'i'm sorry he has like a hold over me I wish I could take it back' me" "but it's true!" "your daughter should have a hold over you" I stood up "if Hunter showed up and said 'come with me' you would" "my brother could've came back here because he wouldn't let that happen to Me, Maggie or Glenn. YOURS DID!" I yelled the last part making me grab my bad side "you okay?" he asked coming closer "no i'm not because your asshole brother broke two of my ribs" I sat back down "what else?" "what?" "what do you mean?" "what did he do?" "he hit me with the butt of his gun ,put a bag over my head then tied me to a chair, beat me then threw five walkers at me. Sent some guy into the room who cut my back so deep I had to get stitches. Took me out put a bag back over my head and was going to kill me before you came in" "look I know you said you don't want to hear it but I really am sorry" he looked at me with sad eye's "i'm done with your brother and right now I want to sleep," he nodded biting his lip "I love you...and i'm not going to spend what might be my last days being mad at you" "love ya too". 

26 (y/n) and 28 (daryl) 

The fight 

I had already put Blayke to sleep and sat at the bar waiting for Daryl. The door open to him "hey baby you were out later"  "can't I fucking live a little" I could smell the moonshine coming off his breath "I was just worried is all...Didn't get a call" I shrugged "sorry there babysitter" "what did you just call me?!" "I said babysitter, that's what you are" "really i'm not your fucking wife?" "you get my dick wet and watch my kid so.." I threw the drink I had at him and started going down stairs "go live with Merle your such a fucking asshole I swear to god!" "be better off anyway!"  "really because last time I checked this is my house, I buy you food and that job you have I got that for you and I have brought you every piece of clothes you have. so fuck you if that's not good enough for you".