Chapter Twenty - Seven

I woke up and my back was against a tree, I slowly opened my eyes to see the kid holding my two pictures in his hand "which one is your daughter?" He asked "he flipped the photo so I could see "the older one" "how old is she?" "about 7 maybe" he nodded  I sat up moving to grabbing my bag "easy there you'll pass out again" he threw at me "i'll try and get some food later for you" he said "no I'm leaving I got to follow these tracks" I said standing up grabbing my bag from his feet and my gun putting it on my back, "like right now?" he asked "yeah" I put my hand out for my pictures, he placed them in my hands "oh okay" "...what's your name? how old are you?" "Kash. i'm 17" "do you have any people Kash?" "no" "well if you want you can come with me" "really?" "yeah you'll die by yourself" "I would be fine but I guess i'll go". 

"how many people do you have? Just your husband and kid?" Kash asked walking along and tracks "no.. We had alot I don't know how many made it.. I got out early" "got out of what?" "We had a 'war' I guess you could say... I know we at least lost one.." he nodded "you lost people? Had to" he nodded "my dad a lot more people but didn't talk to 'em so no point in caring i guess" "yeah...close with your dad?" He shook his head "did you burn your leg?" Changing the conversation "Graze, then burned it closed" he nodded. "No fire," I told him "it's not cold and the walkers will see" he nodded. "What's in the duffle bag?" I asked "stuff" "give me the bag"  "no!" I grabbed the bag "he-" "stop!" I opened the bag to see guns and other things "can I take this?" I ask holding up a silencer for my AR "I guess". 

"You screwed up asshole!" I hear a yell from a far, I put my finger up to my lips grabbing my gun "stay here" I whispered he shook his head grabbing his gun too, I sighed and started moving closer to the sound. We get to a clearing and see Rick with a gun to his head, a man on top of Carl and a gun on Michonne "claimed" the man said on Carl . "Stop!" I hear Daryl. Daryl say. "your stopping me on 8 Daryl" the guy next to Rick said "just hold up" Daryl added, I softly grabbed Kash's arm pulling him behind me. I set in on the holding a gun pointed at Michonne from afar "this guy is the guy that killed Lou so we got nothing  to talk about" "the thing is Daryl about now a days we got nothing but time. say your peace Daryl" the 'leader' said "these people you're gonna let 'em go. These are good people" "now I think we disagree on that, i'm gonna have to speak  for them all because your friend here strangled him in a bathroom" "you want blood I get it. Take it from me man come on" Daryl said laying his crossbow on the ground, I wanted to scream out no and run up and hug him "this man killed our friend. you say he's good people. See now that right there is a lie...it's a lie!" 
Men came and rammed a bow into his stomach, Daryl huffed out "are you gonna do something?!" Kash whispered
" shhh..i'm waiting" "what? waiting for them to die" "shh" 
"Teach him fellas teach him all the way". I watched the guy put a knife to Carl's neck "it was just me" Rick said "first we're going to beat Daryl to death then we'll have the girl then the boy then ill shoot you and we'll be square" the man pushed Carl to the ground as he cried "do something!" Kash "Let him go" Rick rasped. 

Rick threw his head back, I shot the guy I was aimed on, "what are you gonna do now sport?" Rick bit the guys neck out. Michonne shot her guy, I shoot another. I kicked the guy on Carl in the face, then started beating the hell out of him "he's mine" Rick said walking over to me. I backed up my hands covered in blood, I was rocked into arms went around me I wrapped my arms around Carl "it's okay," I kissed his head "I got you" I said .

mn