Chapter Twelve

>> Daryls POV <<

I woke up on y/n chest her hand on my back, i sat up and put my boots on "lay back down for a bit please?" i hear her ask from behind me "i was going to make breakfast" "we have cooked food from last night just lay with me" i sighed and laid back down next to her "thank you" she whispered and pulled me into her "we have dales service in a bit"  "i know" she said sadly. We watched blayke stand up she walked over and jumped on me "dude what are you doin'? " i said "mornin' " she smiled at me "morning baby" y/n said "your lucky your cute B... come on lets make some food" i picked her up. I sat with blayke in my lap as y/n made us breakfast "can you make me another knife?" blayke asked me "sure" i shrugged "here theres more if you need some" she handed us some food "thanks sweetheart" she smiled. "daddy?" "yeah sunshine" i set our plate down "did you hurt dale?" I looked at y/n she had the same look i did "sweetheart the monsters hurt dale really bad your dad had to help okay he did nothing wrong" she said blayke just looked up at me with a weird look "okay" she whispered then laid her head back on my chest, I let out a sigh. 

I put my arm around y/ns shoulders still holing blayke "dale could- could get under your skin he sure under mine because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought how he felt that kind of honesty is a rare and brave. whenever id make a decision id look at dale he'd be looking back at me with that look he had we've all seen it one time or another. i couldn't always read him but he could read us he saw people for who they were. he knew things about losing." rick said I could feel blayke starting to cry "hey shh its okay" i walked us away from everyone. "your okay sweetheart" I pulled back to look at her, she had red eyes breathing heavy i pushed her hair out "i-i-i don't-don't w-ant yo-u a-and mommy to be l-l-like dale" she cried harded  "oh honey" she laid her head back on my shoulder. "hey you guys okay over here?" y/n said and put a hand on my back "shes having a hard time" i said "you okay sweetheart?" she shook her head "how about you help me and your daddy pack up camp so we can have a sleepover with maggie and beth" y/n added blayke nodded in my shoulder.

We walked up to our camp y/n was packing the blankets pillows and our clothes while blayke packed her toy and i did everything else. "baby can I ride your bike up with blayke get the truck then drop her off" y/n asked me "do you remember how to ride?" she scoffed "do i remember how to ride. i'm better than you" " your wrong but whatever" "come on babygirl" she said to blayke sitting on my bike then picked  blayke up to sit in front of her "hold on" she said as she started it up riding away. 

FLASHBACK 

16 years old and 18 years old 

"please daryl i rode dirt bikes with hunter" she said as i cleaned my bike "not the same" i said "yes it is please" she smiled "nope" popping on the p "daryl i'll be careful" "i already said no stop asking shouldn't you be working and not bugging me!" i said harsher then i wanted to, her smile dropped her eyes loss the joyful look that you only see if your lucky "okay sorry..." she said just above a whisper then walked back in the bar "god daryl you are a fuckin' asshole" i said to myself. I was still working on my bike when y/n came out and set a plate of food next to me then walked away "thanks" i yelled. I watched merle hop out of his truck "merle your not allowed to be here" i said standing up "i want a beer for christ sake" "well go somewhere else" "theres only one bar in this town and its this one" "go to jessies house or something you need to leave" i stood in front of him " no i'm having a beer and no one is getting in the way of that" he pushed me out of the way "fine if she shoots your ass don't come cryin' to me".  I walked in behind him "what the fuck is he doing here?!" y/n said "am here to have a beer " "no your not get the fuck out after what happened to hunter you think you can just come in here and get a beer?!!" "yep" she pulled out her .380 from behind the bar "get out merle" "nope!" "3...2...1" she shoot the place right next to his foot "goddamn sweetcheeks" he ran out of the bar we started laughing. 

"come on" i said and grabbed her hand "where we going?" "i'm going to teach you how to ride" "really?!" she gave me her rare smile and those eyes "yeah". "get on" i said she hoped on in front of me, i set my hand on her hips "start her up" i added which she did "can i go now?" she asked and looked up at me "go for it" i put on hand on top of hers, we rode down the road "your going to fast" i yelled "then hold on tighter" she yelled back. She turned it off "see i wasn't that" she said with a smile "i guess your alright" "i'm better than you" "your wrong but whatever"

END 

"baby sweetheart?" i snapped out of my thoughts by y/n "you okay?" "yeah just thinking" "okay come help me pack up our shit" she started packing all our shit in the truck. 

>> Y/ns POV <<

I was sitting with beth and blayke was on the floor playing with her dolls. "what dose that tattoo mean?" beth asked pointing to my wrist that had the pink and blue ribbon on it "um i-it means loss of a child" i gave her a sad smile "oh i'm-i'm sorry i asked" she said "its okay its just hard to talk about sometimes" she nodded "sorry for you loss" "thank you".  "y/n?" carl said "yeah?" he walked with me outside "can i give you something?" "ofc" he handed me daryls gun he was look for "dont tell him i had it" "sure thing" "thanks " he walked away "hey! be careful!". "baby look what i found" i said holding his gun up "been looking for that fuckin thing forever thanks" "i know am great."
 "can i talk to ya out here" daryl asked me walking in the house "yeah" i stood up walking to the porch "you okay?" i asked "yeah.i'm heading out with rick to drop off randell" "oh okay be careful please" "i'll try my best" i nodded looking down he put his hand under my chin "i'll be okay i promise" "kay" he pulled me into a kiss then a hug my arms around his waist "what'ta doin'" i hear blayke say i started laughing so did daryl "you sound just like your daddy" i looked at her she had hand on her hip "i'm going on a run" he said laughing she walked over to us lifting her arms up to daryl which he picked her up "you going to come back?" she asked laying her head on his shoulder "yeah i'll be back before you know it" "k.. can you bring me another rock?" "if i find a nice one i will" "k" she smiled and kissed his cheek "love you darlin' " "love you daddy" she jumped down. "love you" i said and pecked his lips "lov-" "hes missing!!" T-dog yelled "missing?! how!" rick said daryl grabbed my hand as we all ran over to the barn "whats going on" someone asked "its hard to say the cuffs are sill hooked he must slipped em" rick said "is that possible?" carol ask "i mean look i guess" i said  "the door was secured from outsid-" "Rick! Rick!" shane yelled walking out of the woods "what happened?!" rick asked "hes armed hes got my gun-!" shane replied "go get blayke and stay in the house im going to find this son a bitch" daryl told me. "blaykes still here right?!" i walked in the house "yeah in beths room" hershel said i ran i8nto beths "hey mommy!" "hey sweetheart you okay?" "i'm hungry" "i'll make her a sandwich" beth said "thanks". I sat on the couch my leg was shaking i was bitting my thumb worried about daryl and glenn "y/n he will be okay i promise" maggie said "but he might not be". Daryl and glenn both came walking through the door, I walked over to him wrapping my arms around his neck his my waist "you okay?" i whispered to him he nodded " rick and shane ain't back yet?" he asked and pulled back a bit "no" i said "we heard a shot" "maybe they found randell" lori said "we found him"-"is he in the shed?" t- dog asked "hes a walker" glenn said "did you find the walker that bit him" hershel asked "no the weird thing is he wasn't bit his neck was broke" daryl said "so he fought back" lori said "the thing is shane and randells tracks were right on top of each other. and shane ain't no tracker so he didn't  come up behind him they were together" daryl said to lori. "would you please get back out there find rick and shane and find out what on earth is going on?" "you got it" "thank you". "daryl you can't leave me and blayke" "ill be back before ya know it m'kay" "but-" he cut me off with a kiss " i Lo-" "baby l-look" i point to the large herd.