Chapter Thirty - Five

"we're gonna be back with Bethy okay?" I smiled and told Blayke she nodded "I love you and Carl's gonna keep you safe!" "I love you too" she hugged me I kissed her cheek. "i'll keep her safe" Carl said "I know" I gave a small smile and a side hug. Rick and Ty was in front, Sasha,Kash and Noah then Daryl me in his lap. I laid a head on his shoulder, I kissed his neck from time to time then a gave me a peck back "can y'all not make out next to me?," Kash said Daryl lightly pushed him with his elbow "and you need to jump in a lake" 
"oh and you don't? you smell like a dead rat"  I laughed Rick too. 

Daryl woke me up once we were in the city, "we'll go in there" Rick said pointing to the building. I rubbed Kash's back on the way up the stairs "you sure your okay?" "gotta pull my weight" I shook my head "you already have". Rick knelt on the floor in front of us "at sundown we fire a shot into the air, get two of them out on patrol. Then once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us We go. we cut the locks on one of the stairways take it to the fifth floor. I open the door Daryl takes the guard out" Rick said looking around the circle "how?" Kash asked "he slits his throat..This is all about us doing this quiet. keeping the upper hand. They're not expecting us from there, we fan out. Knives and silenced weapons, we need to be fast. 

I pushed Kash behind me as we got in the hospital Daryl in front of me. We let a cop go and Carol got wheeled to us "you okay?" I whispered she gave a small smile and nodded. We did the same with Beth she hugged me "i'm so happy your okay" I smiled she gave a bright smile "is Blayke okay?" I nodded "Yeah misses her auntie Beth" she smiled wider. "i'm glad we could work things out" Dawn says to rick "yeah" "now I just need Noah and then you can leave" "that wasn't part of the deal" I said I turned back around "Noah was my ward. Beth took his place. I'm losing her so I need him back.......My officers put their lives on the line to find him. One of them died"  Noah started walking to them Kash put a hand on his shoulder "he ain't staying" Daryl said moving in front of me "hes one of mine. you have no claim over him". "so you have no claim on him" Rick "well then we don't have a deal" "Deals is done!" I placed a hand on my .380 "it...it's okay' Noah came next to us "Noah you don't have to stay here with her" "I gotta do it" he handed his gun to Rick "it's not okay" Beth said "it's settled" Dawn said Noah started to walked over to them "Wait!" Beth went up to Noah hugging him. 

"it's okay" he said "I knew you'd be back" Dawn said Beth moved in front of her "I get it now" she made a jab stabbing Dawn just as Dawn shot Beth in the head. I cried looking down at her lifeless body, my body jumped as another shot went off I look to my right Daryl with his gun raised tears going down his face. Kash Grabbed me pulling me behind him as the other people raised they're guns "no hold your fire" one of they're chicks said "it's over it was just about her stand down" everyone lower they're guns expect Daryl, I put a hand on his back and on the top of his arm. He lowered his gun looking down at her, I wrapped my arms around him from behind. 

Daryl picked Beth up his hands getting covered in her blood, We walked out and saw everyone even Blayke. She saw Beth in her dads arms and started crying just as Maggie dropped her gun and fell to the floor. I ran to blayke turning her away "it's okay."