Part 64: Beans

With my forehead pressed against the shower wall, I hold myself around my breasts and let the water rinse over top of me.

He really left me.

Or so I thought.

Soon enough the shower curtain slides away slightly and his strong arms come around my body.

His hands shakily lay on my flat stomach and his naked body gently presses into my back as his face comes to rest on my shoulder. Lips leaving small kisses on my left shoulder and neck, he doesn't say anything as his hands slowly slide up and down my stomach ever so slowly- fingers spread wide- taking in my surface. Before I can say anything, I feel him slide downward- kneeling behind me- and he turns me to face him. I quell my tears; not that it would matter much due to the shower rinsing them away without care. Leaning forward, he presses his face to my stomach as if listening for some sort of tiny whispers. Pressing his lips in four different areas of my stomach, he whispers I love you to each space before thumbing my hips a bit and coming back up to stand.

He says nothing.

Just gently cups my chin in his hands and tilts it up so I can look fully at his face.

There's a very small smile on it and a shiver runs through my body.

"Hi..." He says softly. "I'm here to apologize for my blatant ignorance and insensitive gaping and silence."

"Phh..." I laugh slightly through my tears and all he does next is hold me for a very long time in silence under the water.

"How are my beans?" He softly asks against my forehead as he leaves small tender kisses.

"Hormonal and hungry." I say through my stuffy nose.

"Well that just won't do. Let's get you clean and fed. Can't have my babies starving in there. Now can we?" I laugh because he's so damn sweet and he aids me in cleaning my body with a new bar of soap. I help him- though I feel very uneasy and weak. Helping me out of the shower, we stand on a towel he had laid down and has me hold onto the towel bar on the wall for support as he dries me off.

As he does so, he kisses my body all over and as he dries my legs off, he presses sweet little kisses to my stomach.

"I'm almost six weeks..." I say to him quietly and he just looks up at me as he dries my upper thighs and his smile is soft and endearing.

"Times going to go by fast."

"Yeah..."

"Quads....huh...I suppose I need to get a van."

"You don't have too."

"Well- you're not giving up your Coop. And honestly, I'm a little tired of the Cruz anyway. It's not really my vibe." He feigns confidence- but I know he hates the idea of a van.

"They make SUVs that are six seaters with the third rows and everything. Bench seats. Obviously Luna and Zep will be on the outsides in the back because they're older." I state.

"I'll start looking into it, Baby. Now for pants."

"Not skirt?" I ask and he shakes his head. "But I never wear pants to work."

"Well it's a good thing that you're not working today." He stands and kisses my forehead and I pull back just a bit.

"I have to work today. I have three biopsies and four..."

"Four babies that need you to rest the next few days- at home." He interrupts and I furrow my brows.

"I was going to say four very important conference calls about..."