Part 59: Targets

With my mother staying with us- for God knows how long- she has asked if she could watch the children during the work day. Since her biopsy isn't scheduled until Thursday- we agreed it wasn't a terrible idea.

She gets to spend time with her grandkids and Max and I can focus on work for a change.

Striding into the damn this morning, my black heels clicking on the floor, I'm quickly stopped by two hands grabbing at my waist and spinning me around in a circle.

"BLOODY!" I scream in the atrium and when I'm put down, I turn to smack the arsehole who did that- only to find Max happily smirking at me. I put my hand down, as he already has two black eyes and a broken nose and the image of me physically accosting my husband in public wouldn't look good on my part. "What is the matter with you? You can't just walk into this place normal?"

"My normal is having the kids to keep track of. Today- it's just you, my Love."

"So we're acting childish, Eh?" My heart is still racing and he knows it.

"It keeps us young- so yes. Wanna play tag?" He bounces from foot to foot waiting for my answer and I shake my head.

"I knew morning sex in the shower was going to get you all out of sorts." I state before turning and walking away.

"Don't forget our midnight session." He catches up to me and slaps my arse. I stop immediately in my tracks and turn and look at him wide eyed and sternly. "Oops..."

Reaching up, I clip his ear in my hand and I quite literally drag him through the atrium to the elevator. As we get there Iggy and Lauren are discussing something trivial when they see this.

"Uh oh! What'd he do?" Iggy asks. I leave him go and nudge him towards those two.

"Take this and rewire it. He's acting up." I state and Lauren smirks.

"Isn't that your job- as his wife? To rewire him and make him obedient."

"No- we are equal in this relationship- however at work, we are still to act professionally and today he seems to be..."

"Today? Huh? Just today? Isn't it every day with him?" Iggy snickers and Max furrows his brows.

"I'll have you all know- I act very professional...except when my sexy wife is around." I roll my eyes and as the elevator opens, I gently shove him inside and we all ride up together.

"He does seem to be in rare form today....oh God- you two had morning sex didn't you!" Lauren chides me. "That's why he's extra. You can't do that Helen- it messes up his routine and gets him all wired. It's like feeding the kids candy before bed."

"Hey! You fuck with my sex life- I fuck with your ED. Stay in your lane, Lip Lapper." Max points his finger at her and our mouths drop open. Lauren isn't entirely out of the closet- and only Max knows due to a brief legless night we had a while back.

So now Iggy is aware and Lauren is going to kill Max.

It was nice knowing my husband.

"Fuck you!" When the elevator opens, Lauren bursts through the doors and two people enter. Max pales and Iggy and I just shake our heads.

"Maxim." I scold him quietly through clenched teeth and he offers me his ear to clip. "No."

I gently push his head away and we get out on our floor, leaving Iggy alone with the two other people.

He follows me to my office.

He already assumes I'm going to scold him further and probably figures he should just get it done and out of the way. Unlocking my door, I point for him to go inside and he does. Once I shut the door and lock it, I jump right in.