Part 52: Nerves

The rest of my day was the same as the beginning.

I relished the quick moments Max found to come in and press kiss after kiss to my face.

But I left the topic of condoms alone for the moment.

Though I have to play the long game on this one- I feel- I know he's still thinking about all of it.

Mostly because once he comes in and does his quick peck on my lips- he stands there for a moment or two staring at the whole of me and I know his mind is wondering over my words from earlier in the day.

Gathering my things up for the end of shift, I make my way to the door, when I'm greeted by my darling husband- but no kids.

"Hi!" He excitedly states and I smile just as wide at him.

I feel like a teenager again- when the crush who has been fancying you for a while is finally coming out of their shell to eagerly meet you around every corner.

"Hi, where are the babe's?" I ask and he smiles just as wide as before, only this time it's sly and full of mischievous intent.

"Alice and Dave just picked them up."

"What?!" I'm not going to lie- the idea of some randoms I've only just met taking my babies anywhere disturbs and upsets me.

"Don't worry, Love- they're going to Alice's which is just two blocks from where we'll be. AND! She said she'll send you photos and videos throughout the date so you know they're okay." His hands find my hips and he gently pulls me to his front. Placing a sweet kiss on my forehead, his thumbs rub over my hips as he tries to calm my fears.

"But I'm not even dressed for a date and..."

"Baby- you look beautiful." He states and presses a kiss to my lips, gently calming me. "I have you. Okay? We're gonna have fun. Eat amazing food. And...we may even get to first base..."

"You already took first base." I raise an eyebrow and smirk and it takes him a moment to think through the steps.

"Oh....well let's make our way to second then haha." He smirks and I bite my bottom lip and scrunch my nose up a bit.

"You're currently on second." I state and he looks at his hands- just above my waist and rubbing near the bottom sides of my breasts.

"Okay- well...I never liked baseball...so..."

"Let's just get going, Cowboy- maybe we'll make it a home run if we're lucky." I state and he smiles wide.

"I know what that one is for sure...."

"I'm sure you do. Now let's go, haha."

....

He hailed us a cab and it took us to Mulberry Street- which is the famous district for Little Italy.

"I must confess, Darling- I've never been to Little Italy."

"No? You've lived here how many years now?"

"16...nearly."

"Wow! Oh Love, you have been missing out." He state excitedly and squeezes my hand. "One of my favorite restaurants is here. A sweet little Mom and Pop place that has been in the family since New York became New York. Generations have tasked themselves with keeping the family restaurant going and they have some of the best marinara sauces and in house wines you never knew you needed. Secret recipes. The best dessert....mmm...."

He moans slightly and I smirk.

"I think you just made a home run....haha." I quietly whisper to him and he blushes.