Part 58: Biopsy and Jazz

The rest of Sunday was rather uneventful. It only consisted of Max and I making dinner and the kids making messes, while my mother inwardly made comments about them.

The messes.

Not the children.

Although, I'm sure in her mind, she had several things to say on how wild they seem to be.

Getting dressed this morning in my velvety green dress, and pulling on my black cardigan, arms wrapped around around my waist and kisses are pressed to my neck.

"Hmm...good morning, Darling." I say as I turn in his arms and press a kiss to his lips.

"Good morning- you look gorgeous. Haven't seen that dress in a while."

"It's on the rotation list." I state as I feel him up. "Why aren't you in scrubs?"

"Because today, I am not a doctor. I am witness on the stand." He states casually and I feel I've missed something.

"Pardon?"

"A while back there was a malpractice lawsuit brought against Dr. Andrew's in Osteopathic medicine. Brantley tried to keep it hush hush- of course. So I have to go and give my two sense on the matter."

"Sounds...difficult." Andrew's isn't the nicest man around, let alone the best doctor. It's doesn't surprise me that he's put up for malpractice.

And it doesn't surprise me that Karen Brantley tried to sweep it under the rug either.

"Yeah- wanna trade?"

"Hmm, as much as it'll be difficult dealing with my Mum's biopsy- I would rather put needles in my eyes than deal with Andrew's mess." I state and he laughs slightly.

"Well, I hope everything goes well. Keep me updated." He kisses me again before heading towards the door to leave. "I'll drop the kids off at the nursery for you. I have to grab things from my office any how."

"Thank you, Darling. I appreciate it." He blows a kiss and heads downstairs to wrangle the babes- who I have no doubt destroyed my clean living room already.

.....

As I walk my Mum into the Dam, she seem taken aback by its sheer size. She's never been to the Dam before.

In the handful of times she has visited- she never seemed interested to see my place of work.

"This is the atrium. We'll just head down this hallway to the elevators..."

"This place is massive." She hawks at the tall glass ceiling above us and takes it all in.

"Yes, we've expanded the past few months. Have two other buildings next door for different specialties and programs Max created. He does a lot of great things for the Dam." Granted he causes quite a few problems for it as well, but it's always interesting watching my husband flip things upside down and make Brantley go insane trying to not only understand why he did so- but how she can possibly fix it.

She never does.

There's no fixing Max's progressive thinking because it is in fact the solution to many problems.

It just pisses Brantley off that it costs a lot of money usually.

When we get to the elevator, we take it up to five and I can't help but notice my mother becoming nervous.

"Did Max take the kids this morning?"

"They're in the nursery already. He has a court thing he has to attend. Dropped the babes off early for me."