38

It was after the dinner and Arsh had already left . Mummy gave him some as a blessing.

"Mummy and papa" I tried my best to sound sweet .

"Yes" they both replied at the same time .

"I wanted to talk about something important".

I said while helping mummy in doing some work .

"That's why you are helping me in the kitchen work right?" I smiled innocently before dragging her towards the living room where papa and bhaiya were already sitting.

I was able to see sweat beads forming on bhaiya's forehead already.

"What happened Aarohi?" Papa asked when he looked at my serious face .

I took a deep breath and glanced at bhaiya before speaking.

"Ok , so as you guys already know that bhaiya is 30 now and he should get married otherwise he will get old and look ugly so no one will marry him".

I could feel a side eye

"Yes and..."

"So I know a very nice girl and she will be perfect for him and even bhaiya knows her".

Everyone looked at him with questioning eyes .

"You are trying to say that he is in a relationship and wants to marry that girl?" Papa said , his voice sounding a little different now.

"Yes" I replied in a low voice and both mummy and papa stood up from their places .

"What are you even speaking? Love marriage and in our house . Never!"

Papa shouted, he was going to leave the room when I stopped him .

"Wait dad atleast listen and then come to conclusi-".

I stopped me in between. "I don't want to listen anything".

"Please dad for me".

Finally we all sat back and I continued my presentation.

"Papa and mummy believe me , the girl is very nice and bhaiya loves her . They both are perfect for each other. Also why can't love marriage happen . It's not illegal right".

"Aarohi , what you are speaking now is bullshit . Do you even know that in our family such things does not happen and you aakash . Even after knowing you are doing such stuff . I want you to leave that girl . Remember you won't do a love marriage. Sharminda nahi hona hai sabke samne".

And he left . I looked at mummy who was looking at bhaiya angrily.

"You have no respect for your family". And she also left .

I sighed and looked bhaiya whose face showed that this was already coming.

"I am sorry bhaiya but believe me I will make them say yes-".

"Bas kar Aarohi . Achi khasa tha sab aur ab kharab hogya".

Now I was all alone in the room .

Why are love marriages not accepted? I can't believe that my mummy and papa who are so good still believes that love marriage will lead to disasters and Ghar ki naak kat jayegi.

I need to do something before papa takes any other decision about marriage.

~

It has been already 4 days since I talked to mummy papa about it . They already told me not to bring that topic again but hum nahi sudhrenge .

Bhaiya was already ignoring me as I don't exist. He is a moody bitch!

"Mummy" I hugged her from behind making her scared .

"What happened?" . She asked while folding her clothes.

"Do you love me?" I asked . "Very much my beta". She patted my head before continuing her work .

"So that means you will definitely listen to me". "I know where are you going so stop".

She warns me!

"Mummy just 10 minutes. Listen to me and then take a decision and whatever your decision will be it will be final . No changes but give me 10 minutes".

I showed my innocent eyes to her and pleaded making her sigh.

"10 minutes and then the final decision won't change , start".

Now in these 10 minutes bhaiya's future will be decided.

"Mummy do you know Riya?" "Hmm". "She is a nice girl".

"Yes but why are you talking about her when the topic is aakash marriage ".

Is she that innocent?😭

"Are mummy bhaiya aur Riya ki hi to shadi ki baat hai". (Mummy the talk is about bhaiya and riya's marriage only)

Her mouth widened. "Your bestfriend and bhaiya . Oh god". She was not able to digest the fact right now just like me when I first saw them together.

"I know you are shocked but let's leave this and listen mummy . Riya is a really nice girl and bhaiya loves her very much . He will not marry anyone else except her and as his sister I am very happy for him that he has someone in his life and he knows who is best for him and I will support him in this because it's not a crime to love someone mummy .
Do you remember that you made me marry Arsh by a lie . Basically you and papa forced me and if I wanted to I could have made a horrible blunder out if it but I didn't because for some reason I thought our marriage will work and it is but it's not same for everyone. .

It's not compulsory that arrange marriage will always work . People do this only because of their parents and not for themselves and same happened with me but I don't want it should happen with him too . So please I request let him marry whom he likes and don't force your and papa will on him".

I drank some water after giving a long speech . Mummy was looking down all this time . Did my words had an impact on her?

"But beta what will people think?" I sighed . Bhad m jaye log!

"Mummy if you care about people thoughts rather than your own kid so I am sorry you failed as a good parent".

Hai bhagwan! Ye bhaiya ke liye kaise kaise chize bolni padh Rahi hai .

"You are right! I was dumb to ignore my own kid for other people".

She looked at me before speaking again "tumhare papa ko bhi mana lungi ab main aur jaldi Riya ko boldo ki tayari hojaye". I stood up excitedly and jumped . "Finally". I hugged her before leaving the room .

As I left I saw bhaiya standing outside the room who was smiling like a dumb idiot. I rolled my eyes and started walking towards my room .

"Thanks Aarohi". I stopped on tracks .

"Keep your thanks with yourself bitch! You doubted my capabilities and ignored me".

"I am sorry but I thought everything is ruined . I am really sorry and really thankful to you". And I felt myself being choked already.

Ye kaunsa thanks karna ka tarika hai??

"Mummy bhaiya maar rahe hain". I started hitting him with my all power and we got into wwe .

"I helped you and this is what I get? I want a nice treat then only I will forgive you or I won't talk to you".

"Are mereko pata hai tu apne Bhai ke Bina reh nahi sakti hai".

"Chiiii kisne kaha".

And we found mummy laughing.

~~
Vote and comment guys . !!!
Insta- theprettykahanis