7

I sometimes think that I am the only one mentally stable in my house

I sometimes think that I am the only one mentally stable in my house . It literally 1 at night and they are still talking chatting about my damn marriage even though I said no.

In their dictionary, the no word doesn't exists. "Soon our whole house will be lit up with lights, candles and happiness" . Mumma said and patted my head .

"Oh but why?" I asked "shadi Jo hone wali hai Ghar Mai" (because of the wedding which is going to take place) .

Everyone again got busy in their own and I didn't even listen to their talks and continued doing my work when suddenly everyone dad's shout .

We all saw him coming downstairs with a worried expression and everyone started questioning him and he was confused which one to answer first so he.

"Chup ho jao sab do minute Kai liye" (please be quiet for 2 minutes) .

Now there was a complete pin drop silence and dad took a deep breath before speaking.
"We all know Aarohi right" everyone nodded .

Did something happened to her?

"Her father's condition is not good and he thinks that he is not going to live much and his last wish is to see his beloved daughter getting married in front of his own eyes and she has agreed to marry Arsh" .

Everyone was really shocked after listening to what dad said . They all were talking about uncle's health meanwhile my mind was filled with thoughts.

She agreed to this marriage? But she didn't wanted to do this marriage right?

Dad came towards me before holding me by my shoulders . "Arsh she has agreed to marry you . I hope that you will do the same" .

Without thinking NO came out of my mouth . "Dad I already told to so why now? I don't want-" "listen beta it must be a little shocking for you and I can understand that but Aarohi has agreed because it is her father's last wish beta . Can you do that too please?"

Why is sad saying like this? .

"What do you mean by that , you are fine and have many years to live right so stop with this black mailing shit right now dad" .

"I am not black mailing you but just spitting out facts . You know , we never know what will happen in the futur and even if we keep all this aside beta . I really want you to get settled now and be happy in your life and Aarohi is the best for you and you are the best for her . Believe me" .

I can't even understand anything right now . It was all so confusing . How can I say yes to this marriage like this? .

"Arsh now I don't want to listen no from you hmm . I know you can full fill your parents wish right?. And just think for once what if the same thing which happened with AAROHI'S father will happen with me ? Even I want to see my older son marriage" he patted my head and left .

Now I don't have any option left with me . That means I have to marry her.

What if everything goes wrong? What if I can't manage anything?

I immediately went to my room and spent the entire night thinking about this only and not even getting a minute of sleep . That's how fucked up my mind was .

~

The next morning I woke up by the sound of my alarm. I had completely forgotten what happened at the night yesterday.

I prepared my clothes and took a bath .
After getting ready I went downstairs and saw everyone talking.

What is the topic? I went towards them when suddenly dadi hugged me .
"Mai badi khush hu Arsh Aaj , tu finally man hi Gaya na ab dekhna kaise Teri zindagi chamakti hai" (I am very happy today Arsh that you finally agreed, now see how your life will lit up) and that's when dadi words made me realise.

Everyone had a big smile on their faces but me? . I was not in the mood to talk to anyone. I had my breakfast and left for the office. On my way I dailed raghav's number .

"Bohot din ke baad yaad Kara apne yaar ko"
(After many days you remembered your friend) . "Sun jaldi se office pohoch bohot urgent baat karni hai mujhe" (listen , reach office quickly, I have to talk about something very important" .

I ended the call and drove faster , as I opened the door of my cabin I already saw raghav there .

"Yes what happened?" He asked and before sitting I started spilling him everything and drank a glass of cold water after finishing the last sentence.

I thought that Raghav will say something nice but instead he started laughing making me frown. "Acha to ab us ladke ki shadi hone wali hai Jo kabhi pyaar karne ke liye bhi tayar nahi the". (oh so now the guy who was not going to live someone is going to get married ) .

"I have called you here to find a solution and not to laugh ok" I warned him . "Ok but do you really think that there will be a solution? Also you are 30 , handsome so get married. Your family will also be stress free then because there son who can't even date a single women will get married and get settled" .

I called raghav for help but he is on the other lane . "You know what , you can leave" I joined my hands in front of him. .

He laughed and said "I can't wait for your marriage. I'll dance a lot I swear" he left.

I called him to help me but already prepared to dance at my wedding.

Ignoring everything I started working to drift my mind away from 'the marriage' .

~

Hey everyone!!
Hope you all liked this chapter...
Make sure to vote , comment and follow me💗.
Insta- theprettykahanis

(984 words)