6

It's been a few days since my family has talked about the marriage and I am happy

I suppose that even Arsh has said no because if he didn't then they must have talked about it.

I was working in the office when I suddenly got a called from mumma . She doesn't call me during working hours because she knows I'm in the office .

I still answered the call but her next words made my world hault .

"Aarohi , your dad is not well . Come to home as fast as possible please" I could sense that worry and tension in her voice so I packed all my things and told one of my colleagues to inform the boss and I left .

I booked a cab and tried to dial bhaiya's number but he didn't answered . He was out of country for some business deal .

I quickly reached home and saw mom on the sofa crying, I immediately hugged her and asked her "mumma, what happened?" I was tensed because dad was all fine before.

"The doctors are checking him . I don't know what happened beta , he suddenly fainted while going towards the kitchen . I hope he is fine" she said and I hugged her .

I know how much mumma loves papa . Even a small cut on his hand makes mumma worry so much for days .

"It's ok don't worry , I called bhaiya but maybe he was busy as soon as he is free I will tell him as well" .

I was comforting mumma when suddenly doctor came out and had a worried expression. "What happened doctor? Is he fine?" .mom asked and doctor told her to calm down .

"Yes he is fine now but I am afraid that" the doctor paused . Why the hell did he stopped? Oh god ....my heartbeat is rising.

"He is taking too much stress which is not good for his health both mentally and physically at this age . It can effect his heart badly and can result in heart attack . It may sound unreal but stress is too bad and specially at this age so I am prescribing some medicine and make sure that he doesn't take stress" .

He wrote down the medicine and after paying him he left . We both went inside to check on him and mumma immediately hugged him .

"What happened to you? Is something bothering you ? You can share it with me but why are you taking stress?" . Mom started scolding him making him smile .

"You worry too much" . I sat beside him and asked him the reason behind his stress . "I am not stressed it's ok" he said but his face told something else .

Something is there!

"Dad please " I requested him and he finally gave up . "It's your marriage beta" he said caressing my head .

What?

"What does that even mean papa?" "Aarohi , I really want to sed you get married and see you settled in your life with a nice and caring life partner who can keep you happy always and support you through thin and thick and Arsh is the one for you beta. From the day you said no to the marriage it really stressed me out . I don't even know how many days will I even live" "papa stop saying about your life" .

"Ok ok but-" "papa take some rest ok" I said and left the room .

I sat in the living room lost in my deep thoughts . Me saying no to this marriage stressed out papa so much that he fainted? He is worried too much about it .

Is that even possible? I don't know what they saw in Arsh . Why they want me to get married to him .

I was so confused at that time that I went to the terrace to freshen up my mind from all the damn thoughts..

Time skip-

It was night and I was working because I left the office today early . I was busy doing my work when I heard Papa's voice .

"Oh you are awake" he was sleeping since the last 3 hours and is awake .

"Still working?" "Yes" I streched out my hands .

"Aarohi" "hmm" "beta you may be thinking that I am being too annoying but I am feeling this that" "that?".

"I have this feeling that my life is not going to be long now and I don't want to take any risk . I really want you to get married. I want to see my daughter getting married I front of my own eyes . What if I die and won't be able to see you getting married. It will hurt me too much that I missed my daughter's own wedding" . He continued speaking making my heart sink .

I could see in his eyes the love and care for his daughter . His words had a huge impact on me and my mind was surrounded with all the possible thoughts .

He is right . A father wants to experience his daughter's marriage and do all the things .

"Beta please think for once" . He said and left . He is saying the truth. Should I say yes to this marriage?.

I should . He was always there for me and supported me and this is the first time he is requesting me something and only for my sake only .

~~

Hey everyone!!!
So what do you think , her parents are doing right by planning this all? Comment down your thoughts on this .

Also comment down at what time you are reading this♥️

(914 words)