2

"Aarohi beta neeche aao jaldi" (Aarohi, come downstairs fast) I heard my mumma calling me so I quickly got up and washed my face before going downstairs to see papa and bhaiya sitting there talking.

"Oh God" I mumbled knowing very well why the called me downstairs. I sat infront of them and papa looked at me with a smile on his face .

"So did your mumma told you about meeting a guy?" I hummed .

"So what do you think?will you meet him?" He asked but instead of answering I sighed and looked at bhaiya who was smiling because he know what I will answer.

"I want to focus on myself right now and ...and" I stuttered not knowing what to say now making bhaiya laugh and I immediately stood up slapping his back making mumma shout .

"Oh God , again fighting" dad laughed and said to sit down and listen to him carefully.

"Listen Aarohi, I know that you have a long list of what to do in future and listen no one will stop you from doing that , it's just that the guy I'm telling you to meet is a really good person, I have seen him growing in front of my eyes and he is a gentleman. Just meet him once and I swear you will not regret" he said with hope in his eyes .

"And what if I don't like him and I don't want to marry then you guys will not force me to marry for atleast 2 years" and that's the final deal .

Dad agreed making me hug him and I decided to make him a tea due to his favour.

Now I just have to go and meet that guy once and then tell mumma and papa that I don't like him and that's it .

I will be free for 2 years. I shouted excitedly in the kitchen and poured the tea in the cup serving him .

"You have to meet him tomorrow ok" "I have office" "after office ok?" I thought for a second before agreeing because it's never to late to say no so yeah.

"By the way can I atleast see his photo so that I can recognise him when I will go to meet him" .

"No , you won't. We will give you his number and tell you what he is wearing" dad said making me frown .

"But why?" "Aise hi" (just like this) he took a sip of tea and appreciated me . I know I make amazing tea .

~

ARSH

After meeting raghav I went home and it was around 11pm and I am sure that everyone in the house will be wide awake .

They don't have a habit of sleeping early . I opened the entry door of the house and saw everyone chit chatting.

My grandmother saw me and she came towards me giving me a glass of water and said "now bring a girl who will give you a glass of water arsh" I sighed and everyone laughed .

Oh God!! Marriage..... Marriage and Marriage.

Kya rakha hai shadi Mai?

"I am really hungry mumma , I'll come in 5 minutes after freshing up ok" I told her and went to my room quickly freshing my self up and changing into a tshirt and shorts .

Coming downstairs I got saw hot food already served on the table . I sat down and started eating while everyone was still talking.

When I heard Papa's voice . "Arsh, how's the work going?" "Yes it's good and soon we are collaborating with a new company" while talking to papa , I finished the dinner and papa said to come upstairs because he wanted to talk something important .

After keeping the dishes I went to the balcony and saw dad there . He told me to sit in front of him and asked him "yes dad ? What happened?" "Arsh, I know you must be feeling really annoyed and will feel again because of what I am going to say but please think of once" Okay, I understood what he is going to talk about.

"Hmm" "acha beta , tell me why don't you want to get married ? Is there someone you like . If yes you can tell me" "dad to be honest , there's nobody in my life and the actual reason is because I think that I can't manage my married life right now" I told him and sat back on the chair comfortably while he laughed a little and patted my back .

"Tumhe pata h beta . Jab Mai bhi tumhari Umar ka tha isi se guzar Raha tha . Mujhe bhi shadi nhi karni thi kyunki lagta tha ki mereko manage nhi hoga but tumhari mummy ne Mera bada sath Diya aur dekhte hi dekhte sab manage hogya aur hum dono abhi tak bohot khush hai . Agar mai apne mummy papa ke force karne par tumhari mummy se nhi milta to Aaj ye khusi ke pal mujhe milte hi nahi"
(you know what child, when I was of your age I was also going through the same thing and used to think that I can manage anything but your mother supported me a lot and by time passed we both are really happy. If my mom and dad had wouldn't force me to meet your mom then today I wouldn't be able to enjoy these moments)

Dad told me about his story and I listened to it carefully. I always used to listen to dad talks carefully thinking it will give some knowledge.

"Listen arsh , just meet this girl once . She is a really good girl . Just give it a try please. I really want to see you settled in your life now" .

I looked at him before thinking for a second. What if I meet this girl and then say no . Mummy and papa will probably think that I'm continuously rejecting girl so they won't force me then" I smiled internally before saying yes making a big smile appear on Papa's face .

"Ok then go and meet her tomorrow at 7pm . I will send you the girl's number and you can contact her when going to the place" . I nodded and went to my room to sleep.

I was now really tired because I worked the whole week , Monday to Sunday due to the upcoming collaboration between our company and the finance co. .

I also have to finish tomorrow's work a little fast because I have to go and meet that girl and then say no to my parents as well , right?? .

I put an alarm of 5 am and then went into a deep sleep .

~~

Hey everyone!!!

So what do you think , what will happen when Aarohi and Arsh will meet? Will they say no to their parents or yes ??

Comment down what do you think and make sure to vote 💗.

Love you all🌷

(1139 words)