c1-10

Chapter 1: Sixteen again

Xu Su woke up from the heat, and wondered vaguely, is the air conditioner at home broken?

She kicked off the quilt on her body and felt a little dazed when she heard the crowing of chickens and dogs outside the window.

When I opened my eyes, I saw white walls that were dusty and cracked on all sides, and a ceiling covered with plastic sheeting.

Xu Su was a little dazed. Isn't this her grandmother's house where she lived during her childhood?

There are no curtains in the old mud-brick house. The sun outside is very bright, and the light shining in is very dazzling, making it feel like you are in a dream.

The door was opened, and a thin old lady walked in. Seeing that Xu Su was already awake, she smiled kindly: "Su Su, get up quickly. You have to set off after breakfast. When you get to your parents' place, remember to review carefully." Homework, you haven’t read well these days.”

Xu Su's eyes turned red instantly. Was this in a dream? Otherwise, how could she see her long-dead grandmother talking?
"You are already a grown-up girl, and you are still crying?" The old man walked to the bedside, touched Xu Su's head, and said lovingly: "If you miss me, just come back and see me during the winter and summer vacations. You are going to high school." , it’s a great joy to be admitted to the No. 1 Middle School in the city, don’t cry anymore.”

"I won't go to school in the city." Xu Su's hands were shaking with excitement when she saw her grandmother alive. She held the old man's hand lovingly: "I don't want to leave you. I just want to go to high school in the county."

Grandma Xu patted her granddaughter on the back and scolded her, "What nonsense are you talking about? Your parents are waiting for you at home. Get up quickly and wash up and have breakfast. The bus to the county will be passing by in an hour. It will take another two hours to wait for the next one.”

After saying that, she began to check whether she had forgotten the things she wanted to take away for her granddaughter, completely unaware of the turmoil in Xu Su's heart at this moment.

Xu Su only thought that this was a beautiful dream. She got up obediently like sleepwalking, reluctant to wake up from everything in front of her. It was not until after breakfast that she was standing on the dirt road waiting for the shuttle bus to the county town when her grandmother stuffed her with two hundred yuan. In his hand, Xu Sucai completely came back to his senses.

Are all dreams so real now?

"You should keep this money. It's best to put it in a book and don't tell your mother."

Looking at the girl she had raised with her own hands, Grandma Xu was afraid that her child would be wronged, "You and your parents haven't lived together for so many years, so it's inevitable that you are a little unfamiliar. If you have anything to spend money on, it's hard to tell them. Just use this money.”

"I know your mother. She has felt guilty towards you for so many years. This time you did so well in the exam, and her face is bright. When you go home, if you have a sweeter mouth, your parents will like you. ."

Hearing the same words as in her previous life, Xu Su burst into tears. She couldn't believe that she was really reborn. She went back to the day when she went to the city from her grandmother's house during the summer vacation of her third year of junior high school.

In the previous life, Chen Shulan and Xu Weiping wanted to have a son in order to avoid family planning, so they fostered Xu Su in her grandmother's house since she was a child. They rarely visited her during the holidays. Before she was sixteen, Xu Su saw her parents only a handful of times.