Stepping into Chinese Industry

"You want me to do what now?" Sarang asked with a raised brow. Her brows rose even higher as Bang PD continued what he was saying.

"I think this is the perfect time for you to step into the Chinese entertainment industry." Bang PD repeated.

"Why so suddenly?" Sarang asked as she looked at the file in front of her that had detailed plans about everything.

"The artist management team and I along with some other executives have been thinking about it for a while now actually. Your fanbase in China is the biggest one among all other celebrities. Even bigger than actual Chinese born kpop idols. For some reason they think of you as one of their own and have always supported you since your debut. We feel like it'd be a waste to not tap into such a big market and use it fully."

As Bang PD finished his explanation he handed her a file which was full of statistics and charts detailing how famous foreign celebrities were in China and much to Sarang's surprise she was #1 in each and every survey. As if that wasn't surprising enough she was the #3 most famous celebrity in China following Jay Chou and Jackie Chan. Two of the biggest stars ever.

Her manager who was looking at a copy of the same file gasped in shock as she too read this.

"Number three? Three? Right after THE Jay Chou and Jackie Chan?" Minhee, her manager exclaimed in shock.

"Sounds surprising right? This is exactly why we need you to promote in China too. Take advantage of the love you're receiving while they're still nice to you." Mr. Lee, one of the executives who Sarang found particularly irritable announced.

Sarang's eye twitched in response to the strange wording of the executive. She didn't like the way he was insinuating of using her fans' love and support to build her career before they turn their back on her. But she kept quiet. This wasn't the time to argue.

"Well what do you want me to do then?" Sarang finally asked as she looked around the room.

"Start promoting in China." Another executive Mr. Park replied making her squint in confusion.

"What exactly do you mean by promoting in China?"

"We want you to release songs in Chinese, participate in Chinese variety shows, attend events and if possible then take on some acting roles too." Mr. Lee announced as he handed her more papers to look at.

"What?" Sarang exclaimed in shock. She had thought by promoting they meant having more tour stops in China or at most releasing Chinese versions of songs. She didn't realize they meant her to actually do full-fledged promotions and activities like she did in Korea. "But how will I manage? My Chinese is sub par at best."

"Your Chinese is good enough. And for some reason the C-netizens find your chinese really cute and appreciate your hardwork in polishing your language. Besides we still have two months before the official schedule so you can brush up on your language a bit more." Mr. Park replied.

Sarang looked at Bang PD who just sighed before giving her a pleading look.

"Sarang-ah, I know it'd be difficult and I know we're asking too much of you but it is important that you build a stable fan base in China. If things work out well, then maybe a lot of talented people would be interested in joining our company as trainees."

"You have no idea how much of the total sales your chinese fanbase is responsible for. This is your chance to cement your popularity there." Mr. Lim said softly. Maybe for the first time in his life.

"Fine. If you guys think this is the best course of action then okay." Sarang agreed.

"You don't have to worry. Your first few projects would just be variety shows and brand events." Bang PD told her.