Still With You

Jungkook sighed as he stared at the view from his window. The night life in Seoul which was once so full of life now seemed to have dimmed to a dull glow.

Nothing seemed to be of interest. It was like life has come to a standstill and the only person who could move it forward was not by his side. He missed her terribly.

Jungkook missed Sarang, he yearned for her.

It has been months since he had last seen her. Months since the world descended into the chaotic whirlwind the pandemic has brought upon them. Life would never be the same again for millions of people.

Jungkook let out a bitter chuckle as he took a sip from his whiskey while remembering the last face to face conversation he had with Sarang.

"You're right. It's not like we'll suddenly be forbidden to travel and not see each other for months." He laughed as they walked towards the exit.

Sarang laughed along, "Exactly. We'll see each other soon enough. It's not like the government will order us to remain in our homes all by ourselves."

Was fate playing a cruel trick on them? Was that the moment the world decided to fuck everyone's lives just to prove Sarang and Jungkook wrong? Oh how he wished he had known what was coming their way so he could have spent more time with Sarang.

Sarang had,as planned moved to Jeju shortly after their company meeting that day. And Jungkook along with the rest of BTS members had flown to America for their music video and further promotions.

He recalled Sarang telling him that she was enjoying the calm and relaxing life in Jeju. It must have been nice to be away from the city's hustle and the constant stalking of cameras right in front of her face.

For some reason Sarang had seemed to be eager to move to Jeju, as if she was running away from something. Or maybe she was running towards something. Every time he had called her, her eyes had a sad glint in them. As if she was looking for something that she couldn't find no matter how hard she tried.

On the day BTS were set to return to Korea, Jungkook had already booked his flight for Jeju. He had planned on surprising Sarang but how cruel fate has been.

They were ushered to Seoul way before than planned, he had no time to plan his surprise visit. Instead they were told to stay in their homes until further notice. Occasionally the rest of the members and Jungkook would meet up and stay at their dorm room.

Though all of them have bought their own place they still spent most of their time together at the shared dorm. Which is why he felt bad for Sarang even more. She was all by herself in Jeju. Because her parents were still at her grandparents' house when the travel restrictions were put in place.

Admittedly their country didn't have severe lockdowns and had managed to take precautions far better than a lot of countries but there still were travel restrictions in place, meaning they can't travel around the country freely.

The pandemic was taking a toll on everyone. People were losing their loved ones every minute, but they were losing a part of themselves to the loneliness it brought.

For about a week now, Jungkook was holed up in his home, not meeting anyone and just passing time in any way he can. As he sat in his dark living room and stared out of the window he focused on the light sound the air conditioner was making.