NATION'S ACE

NATION'S ACE CHOI SARANG

By Kwon Siwoo

Choi Sarang needs no introduction. The singer-actor has emerged as the top soloist of Korea. Her music being loved internationally. Because of her girl next door charm and soft ballads, she created a innocent and fresh image of herself pretty early on in her career.

Sarang is infamous for her pop ballad songs, all of which have charted so well both domestically and internationally that it has earned her the title of "Pop Ballad Queen" By public and critics alike.

Yet it seems like the idol has decided to test waters of other concepts too as she's growing older, the start of it all being her previous album Lethal Love. Every comeback Sarang always brings something new and refreshing to the table, her music always a hit. But most of her songs are from a similar genre or from a genre we're used to seeing her in.

This time though, Sarang blowed everyone's brain out with her new album REFLECTION. The album is heavily hiphop inspired and rap focused. Sarang has been in the industry for a while and yet no one, not even her fans knew of her talent when it came to rapping.

Sarang actively participated in the album making, she's even the sole creditor of a lot of songs. Label mate Suga and RM also have credits on the album. It was revealed by Sarang in her post album live that she has been practicing for rap under the guidance of BTS' rap line ever since she joined the company. Sarang revealed in the same live that Jhope of BTS had given her hiphop dance classes back in their trainee days.

It seems like the rapline had a massive impact on Sarang.

The album for the most part is receiving extremely positive reviews, people in awe of how versatile Sarang is. This has earned her the title of "Nation's Ace" as the knetz praised her talent in every category.

The Western media and fans have praised Sarang for her rap skills, many of  the hiphop artists applauding her skills. Nicki Minaj has even posted the song on her Instagram, tagging Sarang. Fans speculate that a collab might be on the way. Hiphop fans from all over the world are going crazy over the songs and its lyricism, saying they can't get enough of the addictive rap.