World records & Emmy Nomination

Daesang Winner Actress Sarang becomes Emmy Nominated!

By:- Kim Minseo

Choi Sarang needs no introduction. She's the face of Kpop and one of the biggest artist in the world right now. Her last album Vintage was a massive hit as it topped all the charts around the world. Sarang also became the first korean soloist to chart on #1 at billboard hot100 with Golden Blues. It was also the first Korean song do so.

Which is why a lot of people were rather surprised when it was announced that Sarang would be focussing on her acting career for indefinite time and take a break from releasing albums.

Many were taken aback considering that Sarang was at the peak of her idol career and yet seemed to have dipped her feet back into acting. Some claimed it's cause Sarang wanted a break from the hectic schedule while others said she just wanted to do acting and was leaving idol world for good.

The later seemed to be untrue as Sarang herself denied the rumor. It isn't uncommon for idol-actors to focus on acting and going on an indefinite hiatus for music.

Besides Sarang though still in her hiatus, has released over twenty two songs. Enough for two full length albums. These twenty two songs were part of various osts and collaborations Sarang has done in the past sixteen months since her hiatus was announced.

It's still more songs released than a lot of active groups. And it seems that with every new song Sarang's popularity is sky rocketing as the songs have topped charts continuously. She has become the kpop artist with most Hot100 entries and most PAKs.

It seems like Sarang's next album will break the internet as drama fans who become Sarangdan after listening to her osts have started to buy and stream her music too. Several of her songs have gone viral on tiktok and other social media.

Speaking of Sarang's acting career, to say she's booked and busy would be the biggest understatement. So far she has acted in six dramas and two movies.

Some netizens claimed that they were a bit skeptical considering that Sarang is an idol-actor and might not be able to deliver good performances if she were to act in so many dramas in a short amount of time. However Sarang proved everyone wrong as she delivered some of the best acting ever.

Sarang showcased her wide range of acting skills as she took on dramas from different genres. Starting with Hospital Playlist where she played a CS resident Sarang continued to capture the hearts of drama enjoyers.

Her friendship with the cast has everyone melting as netizens coo about how they all treat Sarang like a maknae as she's the youngest among the main cast.

It was however her role in My Name and The Veil that blew everyone's mind away as the action packed dramas showcased a completely different side of Sarang.