Chapter 28- Super Clingy

"What makes you so sure?"

"I just feel like it."

"You are wrong in feeling something like that. Wake up from your dreams."

"My dreams?"

He halted before spinning around.

"I tend to transform them into reality."

Sonia made a bored face at him. Hunter, who was leaning against his car while scrolling through his phone, lifted his face and smiled to see his sister approaching him.

"Now you look nice, sis."

"Just nice, bro?"

She pouted at him.

"More than nice, happy now, and what about me?"

"Hmm"

She rubbed her jaw as he posed in front of her.

"Will do, you look nice."

Hunter's smile dropped to hear her teasing remark.

"I get it. This is revenge."

"My revenge"

As they began laughing, from a distance Ezra's sight was fixed on her so when Danyal came and stood next to him, he wasn't even aware.

"Don't look so obvious, son."

"Dad"

The Big Master raised his brows.

"What did I say wrong?"

He was about to reply when Elif walked out with Hazel who had her face lowered. One look at his sisters and Ezra proceeded in the direction of his car. As Sonia and Elif lifted Hazel's gown to help her settle in the car, everyone else got into the vehicles.

"I will go with Hazel, are you coming with us?"

"Yeah, with the bride"

Sonia mumbled in an excited tone but it was short-lived.

"You are coming with me, Miss Sahin."

Elif loudly let out a sigh before sliding into the car next to her sister as Ezra closed the door.

"Why do you always have to interfere?"

"You are my date."

Ezra pressed his brows as Sonia indicated to Hunter to get going as well.

"Let's get this night over with."

She whispered to herself while stepping into Ezra Romani's lavish car, the most expensive one among the others. Some time later, the driver pulled over the car in front of an exquisite and huge hotel and that such a place could even exist in a small town surprised Sonia. 

Ezra got out first before hurrying to the other side, opened the door, and extended his hand to her. She smirked a bit before accepting his hand and stepping out of the car. He then wrapped her hand around his arm.

"Don't talk to anyone unless it's really necessary."

"I am not a doll."

He let out a sigh as the others walked in first.

"Why aren't we walking now?"

"Look, there are some dangerous people here,"

"Wait, I thought you were the only one who is dangerous here."

Sonia commented while trying to free her hand.

"I am one of them, correct."

They walked inside and she refrained from giving him any response. It wasn't as if she had any interest in engaging in any type of conversation with people; rather she was genuinely worried for the bride. Some time passed and she remained standing next to the Young Master like an obedient woman and spoke only when needed. 

Sonia ignored the envious looks from the women and the lustful gazes from the men which wasn't an unusual thing for her. When Hunter raised a brow at her from a distance, she let out a shrug indicating to him that she was bored.

"Are you hungry?"

Ezra said while taking the glass from her hand.

"Can you leave my hand now?"

Smirking, Ezra subtly shook his face at her causing her to glare at him and he only tightened his grip on her.

"Can you give me back my drink?"

"You drank a lot."

"I am sane. I can handle a few drinks."

"No"

He whispered in her ear to hear her groaning before going back to conversing with a man.

'I should check on Hazel once. I hope she is okay'

Sonia wondered and for some reason as she looked around, her heart pounded on her chest because she got a weird feeling bubbling within her. She cleared her throat, smiling at the man as Ezra raised his brow at her.

"I need to use the restroom."

"I'll come with you."

He nodded while wrapping his arm around her waist as her eyes widened.

"Don't be crazy Ezra. I am not running away."

She rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me, please"

The man nodded at her.

"Haven't seen her around before Mr. Romani?"

The same man asked while staring at Sonia's back with an intent gaze.

"She is not just anyone. She is special and quit looking at her or I'll gouge your eyes out."

Ezra threatened him openly, his lips pursed into a thin line in rage at the man staring at Sonia.

"Got it, she is all yours."

"That's better"

Sonia was making her way toward the hallway that led to the bride's room and the hallway to her left led to the washroom.

"Sonia"

She halted and turned around as Elif approached her.

"Where are you going?"

"To check on Hazel"

"Me too"

"Wail, El, there is something on your dress."

Sonia lied intentionally as Elif began to check her outfit.

"Where?"

Sonia bit her lip. She knew she didn't have much time. She was also aware that Ezra would come looking for her soon. He was being super clingy.

"Um, here see," she pointed at a spot, specifically at a spot that Elif couldn't see, behind her dress.

"Why don't you go to the restroom and I'll meet you in the room."

"Sure"

As soon as Elif headed in the said direction, Sonia sighed.

"Sorry El, had to lie"

She murmured while rushing. Reaching outside the room, she knocked once then twice but didn't get any response.

"Hazel?"

She knocked for the third time and found out soon that the door was unlocked. Sonia walked in to come face to face with an empty room. Her lips parted in shock.

"Hazel?"

She quickly checked the washroom yet the bride was nowhere to be seen. Her gaze then went to the open window, the curtains blowing in the wind

"Shit!"

She walked up to the window.

"Shit, shit!"

She cursed again, understanding that the bride had run off from her own wedding. Sonia rubbed her forehead in puzzlement as to what to do when her sight fell on a folded note on the nightstand. She grabbed it and unfolded it to read.