Chapter 9 - Tacos & Talks

"You cleaned my room?"

After observing her well-cleaned room, which also smelled like fresh lavender, a smile broke out on her lips as she approached her friend.

"I didn't"

"Who did, then?"

Elif got up with a slight smile.

"Ezra"

Sonia's smile dropped before she raised her brows.

"Really?"

She found it hard to believe.

"I mean," Elif shrugged, "he brought in a team of cleaners."

"I knew it."

With an eye roll, shaking her head, Sonia turned and walked back to her room. She stretched up her arms with a yawn. 

As she walked into her mini closet and was about to grab fresh clothes, she stumbled into a note attached to a chocolate bar inside a drawer.

"This chocolate resembles your eyes, Beauty"

-Ezra

The note stated. She smirked as she stared at the dark chocolate bar while blinking. Yet a text message beeped from her phone at that very time. 

Her expression shifted when she read the message. It came from her uncle. She quickly changed and left her room, minutes later.

"I thought you were going to take a nap?"

"I am off to uncle's house. Hunt is outside waiting for me. I'll be back soon, Elif."

****

"Is she coming?"

Hazel let out a sigh to hear her father.

"I couldn't convince her. She is still scared."

The aged man nodded at her with a sad expression. It's been years since he had not seen his youngest daughter. Moreover, he couldn't keep her under his hands because she had always been a rebel. In the name of his elder daughter's wedding, he wished to meet Elif. 

Next to him was seated Ezra, whose thoughts weren't on his sister though, but on her beautiful roommate. He was finding it hard to remove Sonia from his mind.

"But I did request her roommate to convince her. They are best friends, Dad, Elif likes her and she is a nice girl."

As soon as Sonia was mentioned, Ezra's eyes brightened up. He sat up straight, paying more attention to the conversation.

"Is it? You did well."

"Also,"

When she hesitated, Ezra couldn't stop himself from asking.

"Also what?"

"I kind of invited her as well."

The two men grew serious as they glanced at each other. Although it wasn't a good idea, Ezra could sense his heartbeats growing. He took a breath in and waited for his father to speak.

"You should not have, Hazel. You know why."

Her father's tone was rough.

"I know," she mumbled in a low tone, "but Dad, I had no choice. If someone can convince Elif to return, it is Sonia."

****

He was resting against the railing while standing. From the balcony of his room, he could see the entire town with his naked eyes. Of all the rooms in the mansion, his was the largest and most luxurious.