Chapter 27- Odd Request

The note slipped off her hand and seconds later the lights went out. However before she could turn around, someone grabbed her from behind and covered her face.

"If you don't want your entire family dead, then keep your mouth shut, Hazel Romani!"

Her eyes expanded in terror while she could hear the gunshots and the commotion downstairs.

Some hours earlier...

After breakfast, she stood in front of the window gazing outside. Although the Romani Mansion was decorated and appeared as a paradise to one's eyes, the wedding was to be held at the Romani's hotel which was a few distance from their mansion. Sonia didn't turn around when she heard the door opening and someone approaching her.

"I called you several times last night yet you didn't open the door."

She sighed before glancing at him.

"Eric must have told you as well and I am sure just like Kairo you too blame me for Nico's accident don't you Hunt? Huh! Brotherhood of course."

However, Sonia wasn't blaming Eric for telling them because she never discussed anything with him that night. She simply thought he didn't see anything. Also, she didn't do anything wrong so why should she be afraid of anything?

"That's not true and you are misunderstanding Kairo."

A scoff left her mouth.

"I am misunderstanding him when he clearly blamed me directly."

"Look I'll be very frank with you, sister."

"Yes please"

She folded her hands across her chest.

"I was too shocked to see you handling Ezra in that way. We all thought you hated him but it seems like now, that's not the case."

"I am tired of explaining the same thing. It has nothing to do with me liking or hating Ezra. Hunt, if I wouldn't have stopped him at that moment, it was likely for him to kill Oli and everything happened because of my recklessness."

Sonia was frustrated as he held her shoulders.

"I don't blame you, okay, I can never. Give Kairo some time."

"Why should I give him time? I don't even understand his reaction. What is wrong with him?"

Hunter exhaled, narrowing his eyes.

"I do. That generally happens when you get close to someone. I am not a fool. I know something happened between you two and now he doesn't even know what he is angry about and why he is so pissed off."

She lowered her face realizing the depth of his words.

"A player like him is affected?"

She smiled while shaking her face.

"Although a player, he is still a human. We will leave early tonight."

Just before he was about to walk out, he added.

"Also if we wanted to blame you for Nico's death, we could have done it earlier. Figure it out yourself."

She nodded as Hunter exited from her room. Confusion filled her head however she was glad he didn't blame her like Kairo but she was still hurt by Kairo's behavior. While she was lost in her thoughts, the door opened once again, this time revealing her closest friend.

"Here is your dress for tonight, your heels and accessories."

Elif spoke while placing the items on the bed. Sonia's expression lit up as she saw the soft pink gown and the glittering silver heels. She observed it after picking it up.