Chapter 1 - Helping Heart

~Author~

"Tsk Tsk"

She ignored him at first but then another low sound followed. This time from her left as she raised her eyes to see them turning their heads in her direction. She frowned before raising her right brow as if asking them which answer they were seeking from her. 

Eric signaled her first as she let out a sigh. She offered him a slight nod while also being careful of the professor's sharp sight. In no way could she afford to get caught but that doesn't mean she was not going to help them so she did what she always does. 

She swiftly and cleverly told them all the answers enough for the guys to secure a passing mark. After submitting her answer sheet she was the first to walk out of the classroom as she headed in the direction of the cafeteria while sending a text to her friends. 

Her stomach was rumbling due to hunger because she got up late and she had to skip breakfast. She had not slept well and had spent the night before studying for the unexpected test the next day after receiving an announcement about it. 

Her eyes were fixed on her phone screen while she was passing through the hallway when all of a sudden she stopped walking. 

She immediately recognized the voices coming from a classroom and she knew what was going on. She exhaled, closing her eyes before licking the lip balm off her lips. 

She hurried toward the classroom and was about to enter when the two boys walked out laughing among themselves. They looked at her and smirked.

"Are you guys doing it again?"

She glared at them as she fisted her palms.

"Sweetheart, why the angry face?"

"Don't you both have any shame that you keep on doing the same thing again and again, don't you ever get bored?"

"How was your exam beautiful?"

Kairo asked her while he tucked a strand of her hair much to her anger as she slapped his hand off.

"I am serious. Don't joke with me."

"We asked him for notes but he refused to give so we did what we had to."

Niko replied while adjusting his hair as she let out a bitter smile.

"How did you get it, by punching him and using force?"

"See you later."

The guys shrugged at her and walked away. While shaking her face she entered the classroom and saw him. Although they weren't from the same department she almost knew all the students from the university.

He was still seated on the floor, his face was lowered but he heard her. He then lifted his eyes to gaze at her as she approached him and handed him her handkerchief.

"Thank you, Sonia"

He murmured before accepting her handkerchief.

"Wipe the blood off your lips, Jensen."

"Why does it matter?"

While he spoke those words, his gaze was focused on the yellow-colored cloth.

"You know it does."

She heard him letting out a chuckle as he got up.

"Then why not stop your friends from bullying me? Why don't you say anything to them?"

Sonia bit her lower lip before nodding at him.

"First of all they are not my friends, they are Hunt's friends. There is a difference. Secondly, if you cannot stand up for yourself then no one else would and third I tried to tell them to stop picking on you but they won't listen so what am I supposed to do?"

He frowned while clutching her handkerchief tightly.

"Look," she breathed before placing her hand over his shoulder. "You don't have to tolerate them. Complain to the authorities if you have to. What are you scared of?"

'They would die.'

Thought Jensen as she turned to walk away but not before picking up his bag and notebooks and handing it over to him. He showed her a small smile.

"Thanks for always helping me, Sonia."

"Only you can help yourself Jensen and for that, you have to become strong, take care."

He was right it wasn't the first time, for Sonia had rescued him from the bullies several times. Her cousin Hunter waved at her as soon as she walked into the huge and crowded cafeteria but she rolled her eyes upon spotting Nico and Kairo seated next to them. 

While holding her plate she soon made her way toward another table which was far away from the guys. She was highly angry at them and didn't wish to talk to anyone at the moment.

"Hey?"

Sonia moved her face away as Eric whispered into her ear.

"If you don't come and sit with us right now, I will pick you up and you will be embarrassed, Sonia."

"Leave me alone Eric."

"Okay, you asked for it."

"Woah! Wait don't,"

His lips curled up as she stood up before he got a chance to touch her.

"I'll go."

He nodded, smiling, turning to walk toward the table as she followed him. While glaring at Kairo and Nico she sat down next to Eric.

"What's up, sis?"

"Nothing"

"Hey Hunt, we need to punch someone, I think, who dared to piss off our girl."

Eric said while winking as he took a fry from her plate.

"I am in."

"Good, then you both have to punch these two," she pointed at Nico and Kairo, "idiots."

"What did we do?"

"Yeah, why sweetheart?"

"Call me sweetheart once again Nico and I will smack you."

"Hey, hey guys, come on tell me what is going on."

"They were bullying Jensen again."

Sonia gritted her teeth as her eyes fell on Jensen. He too looked at her from his table.

"Guys, I told you to stop."

Spoke Hunter in a displeased tone.

"He is weird but seriously you two promised us not to pick on him again."

Eric said as he looked at Jensen and nudged her shoulder.

"I am done. Don't follow me."

Sonia could take it no more as she got up.

"Fine jeez, we are sorry."

"Yeah, it is the last time Sonia."

"That is what you both said the last time as well. Never mind it's a waste of time to even talk to you guys. I am leaving."

She ignored the sounds of her pals calling her back and turned to walk out of there in a hurry.