Chapter 26- Angel

Her hurried steps led her in the direction of the kitchen after what Kairo had told her. His words had hurt her deeply. She wasn't expecting him to be so furious and mean.

Present...

Sonia's breathing quickened and she had a churning sensation throughout her body as she stepped inside. The majority of the lights were off but the dimness didn't bother her at all. She was about to open the refrigerator but was suddenly pushed back by someone.

"Move back, Ilaria"

"Why are you even here at this hour?"

Sonia let out a sigh to hear her.

"Mind your own business."

"What if I don't huh?"

Ilaria's rude behavior didn't shock Sonia.

"Look I don't want any trouble right now, please just leave me alone, Ilaria."

"Or what?"

Ignoring her, Sonia lifted her hand to open the refrigerator again but Ilaria grasped her hand this time.

"What is going on here?"

Walked in Hazel thankfully and It seemed by her tone that she was aware of the scenario. She pulled the maid away from Sonia while clutching her hair.

"You ungrateful woman, this is how you behave with our guest! Answer me!"

"Madam Hazel I am so sorry."

To hear Ilaria's words, Hazel's lips curved up.

"If I tell Dad about your stupid jealousy. Do you think he will," she leaned toward Ilaria's ear.

"Let you live?"

"Please Madam..."

Hazel sighed before leaving her.

"Get out of my sight."

Ilaria fled the kitchen, and Hazel turned to see Sonia standing there with her hands on the counter and her eyes closed. Hazel hurriedly opened the refrigerator, pulled out two ice cubes, and held them out to Sonia.

"Here hold this, you will feel better."

Sonia's confused eyes fell on her and saw Hazel slightly smile.

"Trust me I have been there, wait, why are you crying?"

She embraced Sonia lovingly and began to caress her back.

"I heard what happened. I am sorry."

"It's not your fault but all mine."

"Nothing's your fault, Sonia, in fact, you managed to do something no one was able to, except our mother of course. You controlled my brother and the entire mansion is talking about it."

Sonia broke off their hug before wiping her tears as holding the ice cube was making her feel somewhat better.

"I shouldn't have entered the other side."

Hazel nodded at her with a sad face.

"Well, what should I say? It's not like I am blaming you but Deval is not like those cozy and happy towns but rather poisonous."

"I figured that out and I should have been more careful. Hazel," Sonia held her hands.

"I apologize for creating chaos for everyone. Please pass my apology to Mr. Romani. I don't have the guts to face him. He must be hating me so much right now."

"It's the opposite actually."

Hazel whispered those words under her mouth and Sonia didn't hear her.

"Did you say something?"